Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Arduino verify error

Posted by elimitator 
Help Arduino verify error
November 12, 2011 06:08AM
Hello everyone, im having a lot of trouble uploading the Gcode interpreter onto my atmega 328P. I keep getting this error
GCode_Interpreter.cpp:66:24: error: RepStepper.h: No such file or directory GCode_Interpreter.cpp:67:24: error: LinearAxis.h: No such file or directory GCode_Interpreter.cpp:68:33: error: ThermoplastExtruder.h: No such file or directory GCode_Interpreter:63: error: 'LinearAxis' does not name a type GCode_Interpreter:64: error: 'LinearAxis' does not name a type GCode_Interpreter:65: error: 'LinearAxis' does not name a type GCode_Interpreter:67: error: 'ThermoplastExtruder' does not name a type GCode_Interpreter.cpp: In function 'void setup()': GCode_Interpreter:75: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter:76: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter:77: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter:80: error: 'extruder' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter.cpp: In function 'void loop()': GCode_Interpreter:112: error: 'extruder' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter.cpp: In function 'void process_string(char*, int)': process_string:46: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope process_string:47: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope process_string:48: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope process_string:52: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope process_string:53: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope process_string:54: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope process_string:82: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope process_string:83: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope process_string:84: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope process_string:173: error: 'extruder' was not declared in this scope GCode_Interpreter.cpp: In function 'void ddaMove()': stepper_control:9: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:12: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:12: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:15: error: 'x' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:16: error: 'y' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:17: error: 'z' was not declared in this scope stepper_control:27: error: 'extruder' was not declared in this scope
Could someone guide me in the right direction to get this working. I need help ASAP. I have a week left for this project in which i receive a grade for.
Re: Help Arduino verify error
November 12, 2011 10:15PM
Come on no one knows what this is all about??? Id even be happy if someone told me they dont know.
November 12, 2011 11:00PM
GCode_Interpreter is kinda old. You'll probably have better luck with a modern firmware like Marlin, Sprinter, or Teacup. That way you can also use more modern host software like Pronterface or Replicatorg. If you still have a problem, you'll probably have better luck with firmware and software that people are more familiar with.
November 12, 2011 11:16PM
will any of the firmware you mentioned work on arduino?
November 12, 2011 11:29PM
Almost all the electronics are based on Arduino's, but teacup is the only one designed to fit on small chips.

[github.com] You will have to rename the folder to match the name of the PDE file in the directory then you will be able to open it in the Arduino IDE.

You will also need to select one of the config files as a base and rename it as config.h . I would start with the ramps 1.2 config and change its pins to match your hardware.

EDIT: you will also have to change the CPU type at the top of the config.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 11:30PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 13, 2011 01:08AM
Can you perhaps give more detailed instructions on setting this up. Also my driver is the Stepper motor driver 1.2.
[github.com] You will have to rename the folder to match the name of the PDE file in the directory then you will be able to open it in the Arduino IDE.
Can you explain this process more clear?
You will also need to select one of the config files as a base and rename it as config.h . I would start with the ramps 1.2 config and change its pins to match your hardware.
are you talking about config.ramps-v1.2.h?
Also im running on Windows 7, will this setup work with windows 7?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 01:13AM by elimitator.
November 13, 2011 01:35AM
elimitator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you perhaps give more detailed instructions on
> setting this up. Also my driver is the Stepper
> motor driver 1.2.

The driver type does not really matter.

> You will have to rename the folder to match the
> name of the PDE file in the directory then you
> will be able to open it in the Arduino IDE."]
>
> Can you explain this process more clear?

When you download it the name will be something long like Triffidhunter-Teacup_9352579. the problem is that the Arduino IDE will not open a sketch unless the sketch name matches the folder name.

So the file is Teacup_Firmware.pde which means you need to rename the folder Teacup_Firmware (matching the case too)

>
>
> are you talking about config.ramps-v1.2.h?

Yes that file. After renaming it config.h you will then open the sketch in the Arduino IDE and then select config.h from the drop down menu on the right. Then change the CPU at the top of the file and change the pin definition to match your hardware. You will also need to set the heater pins in the heater section of the config file.The pin definition is in the config and the names are the actual names used by Atmega not Arduino.

> Also im running on Windows 7, will this setup work
> with windows 7?

Should not matter.

You will need to decide on a slicer as well. Skeinforge, Slic3r, Kissslicer, SFact, etc, etc

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog

November 13, 2011 03:32AM
I did the following and got this error when i tried to verify it
In file included from /analog.h:15, from analog.c:1: /config.h:33:3: error: #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from /temp.h:4, from analog.c:7: /config.h:33:3: error: #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from /temp.h:18, from analog.c:7: /config.h:33:3: error: #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from analog.c:22: /config.h:33:3: error: #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile!
November 13, 2011 03:53AM
#if ! ( defined (__AVR_ATmega1280__) || defined (__AVR_ATmega2560__) )
#error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile!
#endif

Should read something like.

#if ! ( defined (__AVR_ATmega168__) || defined (__AVR_ATmega328__) )
#error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile!
#endif

November 13, 2011 04:21PM
New error after I changed the following
#if ! ( defined (__AVR_ATmega1280__) || defined (__AVR_ATmega2560__) ) #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile! #endif Should read something like. #if ! ( defined (__AVR_ATmega168__) || defined (__AVR_ATmega328p__) ) #error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile! #endif
New error:
dda.c: In function 'dda_create': dda.c:236: error: 'DIO24_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:236: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once dda.c:236: error: for each function it appears in.) dda.c:236: error: 'DIO24_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:237: error: 'DIO36_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:237: error: 'DIO36_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:239: error: 'DIO30_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:239: error: 'DIO30_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c: In function 'dda_start': dda.c:399: error: 'DIO42_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:399: error: 'DIO42_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:402: error: 'DIO28_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:402: error: 'DIO28_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:403: error: 'DIO40_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:403: error: 'DIO40_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:404: error: 'DIO46_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:404: error: 'DIO46_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:405: error: 'DIO34_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:405: error: 'DIO34_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c: In function 'dda_step': dda.c:482: error: 'DIO26_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:482: error: 'DIO26_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:492: error: 'DIO16_RPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:492: error: 'DIO16_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:499: error: 'DIO17_RPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:499: error: 'DIO17_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:516: error: 'DIO38_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:516: error: 'DIO38_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:526: error: 'DIO18_RPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:526: error: 'DIO18_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:533: error: 'DIO19_RPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:533: error: 'DIO19_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:550: error: 'DIO44_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:550: error: 'DIO44_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:560: error: 'DIO32_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:560: error: 'DIO32_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:657: error: 'DIO42_WPORT' undeclared (first use in this function) dda.c:657: error: 'DIO42_PIN' undeclared (first use in this function)

I tried verifying it again after changing nothing and got a different error
In file included from /analog.h:15, from analog.c:1: /config.h:33:2: error: #error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from /temp.h:4, from analog.c:7: /config.h:33:2: error: #error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from /temp.h:18, from analog.c:7: /config.h:33:2: error: #error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile! In file included from analog.c:22: /config.h:33:2: error: #error xxxxxxx has 328 set your cpu type in Makefile!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 04:23PM by elimitator.
November 13, 2011 05:59PM
I am not to sure what to tell you. I would start a thread in [forums.reprap.org] and ask how to configure teacup for an atmega328

Its really the only place teacup questions get answered by people who understand it.

I am a teacup user and love it. But I am not a programmer

November 13, 2011 08:11PM
K thanks for all the helpsmileys with beer
November 13, 2011 08:51PM
Do you need to run Teacup? You might have an easier time with Sprinter. In any event, what hardware are you using? You said an Arduino; are we talking an Arduino with RAMPS, or just a straight Arduino?
Arduino
November 19, 2011 03:03AM
I really don't know about this what does it mean verify the arduino error.I want to know about this
Jaycon
Re: Arduino
November 19, 2011 04:21AM
verify looks for errors and compiles.
November 22, 2011 12:39AM
ramps doesn't support anything smaller than the 1280. no current reprap electronics use a 328. the errors you're seeing are accurate- after you defeated the CPU check, you get the reason we have a CPU check in the first place- RAMPS uses a lot of pins that don't exist on the 328!

perhaps you've selected the wrong config? you may also wish to find out which chip you actually have!

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
November 22, 2011 02:47PM
Im using teacup firmware, it supports the 328.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login