Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Information [Backers]

Posted by HarshReality 
Information [Backers]
July 23, 2013 08:59PM
I would presume to ask those who know...
Im looking to build a RoStock/Kossel. Previously allot of the internet video makes mention of backers who... well almost like a single man kickstarter campaign.

How would one go about this? For parts/materials Id need @ 1300. Complete set of rostock/kossel (yes I know they are different plastics) but Im figuring @ 15 backers at 85 each. Thing is I dont know where to go about posting or asking etc. One guy is far too little for a kickstarter campaign and to be honest 3 teenage daughters and a 2yr old... I dont have the funds to put into it myself. Awhile back I tried a Prusa kit and it has been quite problematic. For whatever reason I seem to be able to wrap my head around deltas far better.

Thanks for your input...
Re: Information [Backers]
July 24, 2013 04:55AM
In order to get backers you will have to give them something in return. e.g. ask some artists to donate $50 each and in return when it works you'll do them some free prints. This will cost you in printing time, but filament in generally cheap.

Same model could be done for product designers... If you know anyone in any of these fields start with them, if not then make friends with some.

Best of luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login