Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WTB] Gen 7 or Gen 6 electronics

Posted by threemicrons 
[WTB] Gen 7 or Gen 6 electronics
July 15, 2013 10:44AM
Hello,

it seems that getting electronics in the EU is becoming very difficult, Mendel-parts.com is not answering any emails or phone calls. After ordering and paying for 4 Gen-7 kits from Traumflug, I havent seen any kits and answers are few and too far apart from him.

Please recommend a site or a person(you can recommend yourself) and the type of electronics(or kit) you have to offer. My machines have been sitting for more than 3 weeks waiting for the electronics and I really need to get them up and running.

Please note that if you are uncertain if you can provide the service, please don't offer it at this time, I have 2.5 weeks left to get my machines working.

Thanks in advance.

Tanel from threemicrons
Re: [WTB] Gen 7 or Gen 6 electronics
July 16, 2013 08:48AM
Where are you in EU ? I'm French.

I have built a Gen7 1.3 from a Traumflug kit, and my soldering was probably not top notch (was my first electronic kit soldered).

As a result I was never able to complete a full print with that one. The symptom is, it freezes after a random while during the print. Sounds like a bad solder joint to me, but I got lazy and bought a sanguinololu instead.

If you think you have the skill and patience to inspect the soldering job and fix it, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping only. I'd hate to just throw it away.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: [WTB] Gen 7 or Gen 6 electronics
July 16, 2013 09:10AM
I just realised you are in a hurry, so probably my offer is not suitable.

I cannot guarantee they still do that, but reprapdiscount used to deliver faster than some local sellers. I did get a ramps from them delivered 3 days after buying it.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login