Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to buy: Reprap stepper motor driver (v1.2 - v3.3) or components for v2.3

Posted by larsrc 
Want to buy: Reprap stepper motor driver (v1.2 - v3.3) or components for v2.3
December 22, 2012 12:31PM
I have been searching high and low for a RepRap stepper motor driver, version 1.2 through 3.3 (or the components for a v. 2.3), but everywhere I've found any, I've had to pay with PayPal, which is completely and frustratingly broken for me. Does anybody have one lying around they would be willing to sell me? I live in Germany, so within EU would be best.

Thanks
-Lars
Re: Want to buy: Reprap stepper motor driver (v1.2 - v3.3) or components for v2.3
December 23, 2012 11:24AM
Just for fun I've excerpted a single stepper driver from Generation 7 Electronics. It allows you to plug in a Pololu, so you get (optional) microstepping on your Gen3.

If you also want me to manufacture them, I can make the PCBs for EUR 5.- each plus EUR 2.- shipping. Components would be another EUR 3.-/ea.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Attachments:
open | download - StepperDriver.png (5 KB)
Re: Want to buy: Reprap stepper motor driver (v1.2 - v3.3) or components for v2.3
December 25, 2012 04:22AM
Thank you! So does this require a Pololu, or is that optional? I'm surprised that the components can be that cheap, I've been looking at a lot more for the older designs.

-Lars
January 02, 2013 09:56AM
Nevermind the Pololu, it's easy to get after all. I'll take 3 (so you don't have to do a singular job, and so I have something for playing with), including components.

Thanks,
-Lars
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login