Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wanted - wades hardware kit

Posted by fahraynk 
wanted - wades hardware kit
November 20, 2012 09:43PM
hi I need a hardware kit including bearings nuts bults and hobbled bolt for wades extruder. I went to buy online.... but shipping was crazy because im usa based. Anyone know a good usa site (the ones on the main page I saw were no good) or anyone who can sell me one where the shipping price isnt equal to or greater then the price of the parts themselves.... an example would be at a2a printer they have exactly what i need but cant afford their international shipping.
Re: wanted - wades hardware kit
November 20, 2012 11:25PM
I know makerfarm.com has them, also I would recommend the Greg's hinged extruder instead of the old wades extruder.
November 21, 2012 02:41PM
why do you recomend gregs hinged ? also i checked makerfarm to no avail :-/ . also im using J-Head Mk IV-B hot end wouuld that fit in gregs or would I need to order something special to get it to fit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 03:19PM by fahraynk.
January 12, 2013 09:09PM
Greg's uses less hardware so it's cheaper, it also has a hinge so it's easier to get filament in and out of the extruder, plus it's smaller so on some printers it will give you more x printing area. The Greg's would fit with the jhead, you would need a mounting piece also which you can get at makerfarm also.

[www.makerfarm.com]

[www.makerfarm.com]
January 13, 2013 07:55AM
Smaller? Surely it's bigger because the inclined motor makes it longer and taller.

And what hardware does it not use that the Wade's does?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login