Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] Powerlolu pre-order

Posted by yoyobob19 
[USA] Powerlolu pre-order
April 21, 2016 05:54PM
So while i was planning out my 3d pirnter project i realized i could not avoid the powerlolu. So i found the pcb files and sent then in for a quote at a pcb plant. So long story short if anyone is interested in joining in for an order of powerlolu boards and (possibly) components because the more people that are interested the cheaper they become. Please leave a reply in this thread thanks !!

powerlolu_web_preview_featured.jpg
powerlolu_web_preview_featured.jpg

High Power Pololu Board (Powerlolu) based on A4989 - can be connected to RAMPS Pololu port.
Image error
Running getimagesize() on the image data failed
open image URL

Powerlolu can drive stepper motors up to 500 Watts, drawing currents up to 10 Amps.

The existing Pololu boards found in common RepRap 3D printers are at their limits when driving the 2 Nema17 z-axis stepper motors in parallel. Continuous z-axis movement can cause the board to overheat. These boards hardly drive stepper motors bigger than a Nema17. To avoid overheating or to drive larger motors a more powerful driver board is needed.

The Powerlolu board enables the use of bigger stepper motors for a wide range of uses. This could be the conversion of manual milling machines into computer controlled milling machines (CNC-Machines) using the affordable electronics such as Arduino and RAMPS. Building 3D printers with a larger print volume or with larger extruders would be possible.

Also i would like to thank the creators of the Powerlolu !!!
I have attached the quote. Some food for thought its 4 dollars a board if we have 150 orders. So help me help you ????? Also depending on the amount of interest i might offer an assembled Powerlolu. Im also an engineer so have trust that your boards are in good hands. I will try to set a cut off date of 5/25/16. If we hit 150 orders before that date i can will send in the order for 150. Also prices will be disclosed when i see enough people have joined in.
4412803.pdf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2016 09:46PM by yoyobob19.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login