Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Colour touch screen for 3D printers

Posted by dc42 
Colour touch screen for 3D printers
August 30, 2015 03:49PM
PanelDue is a colour touch screen for 3D printers. It supports a few different 4.3 inch and 5 inch colour touch panels. Here are some sample screens from a PanelDue with a 4.3 inch screen:

Driving a high-resolution colour screen requires a significant amount of processing power, so the PanelDue board has its own 32-bit processor in order to present only a light load on the printer control electronics. It communicates with printer electronics via a serial link. Currently, only RepRapFirmware has the necessary firmware support although a Smoothieware port has been mentioned. Support in other firmware/electronics combinations is entirely possible - all that is required is a spare serial port (with 5V or 3.3V signal levels) to accept the G- and M-codes sent by PanelDue, and support of a few new(ish) codes such as M408.

You can buy a PanelDue in two ways:

- As a complete kit with 4.3 inch screen from Think3DPrint3D, see [www.think3dprint3d.com]
- Buy the PanelDue board and optionally the cable from me, and add your own 4.3 inch or 5 inch display. A 7 inch 800x480 pixel display would also work in theory, but I haven't tested it yet.

Prices in GBP for one PanelDue board from me including tracked carriage and VAT where applicable are:

With connectors   With cable
UK               39.77             44.73
EU, VAT paid     47.79             52.81
Rest of World    40.86             45.05

To order from me, send me a PM stating your PayPal email address and what countty you are in. VAT-registered business users may use the Rest of World price if they quote me their VIES-registered VAT number. Fitting instructions are at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login