Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini differential IR height sensor board

Posted by dc42 
Re: Mini differential IR height sensor board
April 05, 2018 05:31PM
Here are some more pics...
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 8.30.28 PM.png (234.1 KB)
April 07, 2018 07:27AM
I can't be completely sure because the focus of the shot from underneath isn't great, but I think that the edge of the fan duct with the cutout in it for the capacitor isn't sufficiently clear of the IR LEDs and phototransistor.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet [www.duet3d.com].
April 07, 2018 09:31AM
Many thanks...here are some more pics with way better clarity!
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 12.28.49 PM.png (407.7 KB)
April 08, 2018 03:59AM
Hi everyone !

I'm using the ir probe for a year now, and my delta printer had gorgeous results : perfect first layers all the time.

Yesterday, I changed my hot-end, so I rebuild the effector, and changed some firmware parameters...

But now I'm having a very very strange result : The probe triggers way too high, about 5-6cm above the bed ! It makes the G32 calibration sequence impossible as it is very inaccurate too.

What would be causing this? As anyone ever experienced such thing ?

here is a video of the problem

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 06:28AM by Archiclem.
April 09, 2018 05:54AM
dc42
I can't be completely sure because the focus of the shot from underneath isn't great, but I think that the edge of the fan duct with the cutout in it for the capacitor isn't sufficiently clear of the IR LEDs and phototransistor.

David, is there a minimum recommended distance that the bottom edge of the sensor should clear any surrounding shrouds?
April 10, 2018 12:59PM
It's probably sufficient for the shroud to be behind all of the lenses of the IR diodes and the phototransistor.

Delta printer calibration calculator, mini IR Z probe, and colour touch screen control panel: [escher3d.com]

Large delta printer, and other 3D printer blog postings: [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]

Disclosure: I have a financial interest in sales of the Panel Due, Mini IR height sensor, and Duet WiFi/Duet Ethernet [www.duet3d.com].
April 10, 2018 01:46PM
Many thanks!

I'll adjust the base edges of the surround to be around 1.5mm higher than the bottom edge of the board. Right now they are line-to-line.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login