Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[UK] Prusa i3 Kit with E3D v6 Hotend; Filament and Parts

Posted by 3dkarma 
[UK] Prusa i3 Kit with E3D v6 Hotend; Filament and Parts
December 29, 2014 04:35PM
We've just started selling an enhanced version of the Prusa i3 rework kit, the 3DKi3. It has improved frame and bed stability, comes with an E3D v6 hot end and a variant of the Greg's Wade extruder designed to support flexible filaments.

We also have a wide range of 1.75mm and 3mm PLA filament, PVA filament and some of the harder-to-get parts, including RUMBA boards, borosolicate glass plates and DRV8825 stepper drivers.

Come take a look at [www.3dkarma.com].

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: [UK] Prusa i3 Kit with E3D v6 Hotend; Filament and Parts
March 11, 2015 01:18AM
How thick is the aluminum frame? I love the looks of this design. Instructions are outstanding. Wish you were selling them in the US.

Thanks!

-Kevin
March 11, 2015 06:56PM
Thanks for the compliments. The frame is 6mm thick. Solid as a rock.

If anyone can recommend a reasonably-priced shipping company, we'd be happy to ship to the US. Every one we've looked at pushes the price well past reasonable.

One of the interesting things about the extra frame stabilisation we put on is that it allows you to truly square the Z axis to the Y.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 21, 2015 04:14PM
Yes I love your design. What NEMA motors does it use? All 5 look the same size. And what do you use for the bed insulator? How thick is it? Thanks!

-Kevin
March 21, 2015 07:03PM
Thanks for the compliment. We use NEMA 17 motors for all axes and the extruder. The bed insulator is 6mm ply on top of a 6mm aluminium frog, so it's nice and stiff.

March 21, 2015 07:06PM
3dkarma
Thanks for the compliment. We use NEMA 17 motors for all axes and the extruder. The bed insulator is 6mm ply on top of a 6mm aluminium frog, so it's nice and stiff.

No problem with the plywood getting too hot? Are the NEMA motors all 12v 1.2 amp? Thanks!
March 22, 2015 04:07AM
krwynn
No problem with the plywood getting too hot? Are the NEMA motors all 12v 1.2 amp? Thanks!

The ply doesn't get too hot at all, although if you're at all concerned I'd suggested covering the bottom of the heated bed in a layer of kapton tape, then aluminium foil on top of the ply to reflect the heat. We run these all day long and have never had a problem

The motors are 1.5A 3.75V and have a holding torque of 500 NM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login