Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel Electronics Kits for Sale

Posted by kymberlyaandrus 
Mendel Electronics Kits for Sale
May 04, 2010 11:28PM
These kits sell for 215.00 and are complete Assembled Generation 3 Electronics Kits for RepRap which include:
1 Mainboard Ver 1.2
1 Extruder Controller Ver 2.2
3 Stepper Motor Controllers Ver 2.3
3 Opto-End Stops
1 USB-TTL Adapter
1 Universal 12v 5A Power Supply
1 Cable Kit

These boards have been modified from the Makerbot version to be just for the RepRap and have been reduced in physical size.We can also sell them will out a power supply for 24.00 less.

I prefer payment through PayPal. Please contact me at kymberlyaandrus(at)yahoo.com for questions, and shipping information.Payments can be made to the same email address via PayPal. Shipping is 10.70 US or varies for international, contact me for a shipping quote.
Attachments:
open | download - ebayelectronicskit3610.JPG (236.1 KB)
Re: Mendel Electronics Kits for Sale
May 05, 2010 10:33AM
Where are you shipping from?
Is the power-supply for 230 or 110V? what type of power-socket?

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
May 05, 2010 08:04PM
Shipping from the US. The power supply supports either, the cord may need to be replaced for outside the US
June 21, 2010 12:28PM
Well folks I'm still waiting for my order, from these guys. They received full payment on the first of May.
Shipment was promised for the following week. Then more excuses, and it still hadn't shipped on the 15th May.

On May 24th it still hadn't shipped (problems with the extruder!)

Another promised ship date was made on the 8th of June.

Now, unfortunatly, I've allowed it to drag on well beyond the 45 day limit required to lodge a PayPal dispute. And they are no longer answering my emails.

Be advised, keep away!
June 21, 2010 12:40PM
Terry,

I am surprised that you haven't had a reply to you emails.

I have just received my order which I ordered quite a while ago, I have not yet done any testing (or in fact opened the inner packaging as I only want to do that when I can do so safely)

I was told that there were issues with the batch of chips they had gotten in which caused problems. As I am not that into electronics I was happy to accept the delay in anticipation of getting parts that work first time.

Whenever I emailed for an update I got one, even though it might have taken a few days. I suspect that as with many of the RepRap suppliers, demand has exceeded expectation and the difficulties faced in production compared to to creating one off's have an impact/effect.

Please keep us posted on developments as you are obviously concerned enough by the lack of communication to broadcast this formally on a public medium.

Regards,
Craig
June 21, 2010 04:55PM
Nobody minds delays if they seem plausible. However, after a sequence of missed, yet unexplained, deadlines one becomes suspicious.

Once the delays have accumulated to a point where a Paypal dispute is no longer possible, and communications cease, one begins to suspect a scam.

The appropriate response can then only be warn other so that they may not be taken the same way.
June 21, 2010 08:56PM
Terry, as far as I know, Kimberly and Lambert, aka TechZonehave done a bit of reconfiguring, and now Gil of BotMill takes care of sales for them.

So, contact botmill directly.
[forums.reprap.org]
shipping@botmill.com

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
June 22, 2010 12:43AM
Sebastien
Terry, as far as I know, Kimberly and Lambert, aka TechZonehave done a bit of reconfiguring, and now Gil of BotMill takes care of sales for them.

I see, so they've 'reconfigured' to the extent of losing the use of email.

Now I have to approach a third party and ask him to fill an order I placed with Kimberly and Lambert.

Oh joy of joys!

Thanks for the info.
June 22, 2010 01:41AM
I see, so they've 'reconfigured' to the extent of losing the use of email.

I appreciate your frustration, but they're good people. And I trust them, and have sat down and broken bread with them - they don't ship boxes of rocks to people, you'll get your stuff.

Remember that it is a lot of work doing RepRap electronics and to do kit building in general. The fact that they're using a third party to do sales and marketing is actually a sign of professionalism. That said, you have my sympathy for the delay in fulfilling the order you've placed with them.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
June 22, 2010 02:14AM
There's a little more to it than frustration. My paypal account shows: 25 Apr 2010 Payment To Tech Zone Communications, LLC Cleared ... -$920.00 USD

I received notification from Kimbery that they had received payment on the May 1st and they would ship the following week. Then various delays were anounced due to bad chips, problems with extruders etc. and then nothing until I started bitching on this forum.

Today I get an email from Kimberly saying "Terry, I have been corresponding with you for awhile and this whole time I have been waiting for the money to show cleared in my account...."

Now for me that means somebody is either in a real muddle or is being a little liberal with the truth, no?

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh grumbling in public but it does seem about the only way to generate any kind of response.
June 22, 2010 08:54AM
Hi Terry and everyone,

Please note that if the an order was placed with TechZone directly and the money was accepted by them that the order is not associated whatsoever with BotMill.

Please communicate directly with TechZone as this order has nothing to do with us.

Wishing you all the best,

BotMill Support
support@botmill.com
www.BotMill.com
June 22, 2010 10:08AM
Thought that I'd put this positive note out there. Just purchased a Techzone Remix Motherboard 1.2, and four stepper PCB's. I had good communication with Kimberly, and am happy with the products. I have no beef with Techzone, and I agree with Sebastian that outsourcing the marketing and sales is a sign of professional behavior.

Unless you have a large corporation with lots of resources (I've worked for those), it's tough to be great at making products and carrying out the customer facing role as well (worked for those too).

I'd do business with them again.

John,
Isaac Mendel in progress, #5 of first series from flemingcnc thumbs up
June 22, 2010 05:44PM
Okay, I'm happy now. The transaction has been completed satisfactorily.
June 23, 2010 01:10AM
Terry,

That seems pretty quick since your complaint. Were the goods on their way already?

Anyway, glad you're sorted and that you're taking the time to let us know. So often people complain in public, but don't come back and let people know when the issues are resolved.

Good luck with the build.

Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
October 26, 2010 03:33AM
Hi All,
I ordered a laser cut mendal kit from botmill.
Took about 4 weeks to arrive. (In Australia)
The ABS plastic came a week later.
Gil had provided tracking numbers for both items.
Kit was short the belt kit, one email to Gil and this is being sent.
This is not a scam.

Steve
October 28, 2010 12:04PM
I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I've ordered multiple times from TechZone and am very pleased. Occasionally there have been hiccups with shipping I'll admit. The support has been top notch! They answer my questions quickly and explain things very well. I'm not an engineer so some of the electronics and mechanical stuff is a bit beyond me. They take the time to explain the answers so I can understand. They are very patient because I ask a LOT of questions.
October 29, 2010 11:48AM
I'd agree and should say that this was exactly why I added the last comments that I did.

Terry had experienced some problems and his approach was to post against every topic that he could find that was associated with TechZone. It worked for him as he then got a satisfactory response. I was just trying to 'tease' the details out of him so that he could convert his initial negative observations into the true reflection of doing business with Tech Zone.

This true reflection being what most seem to experience, i.e. they are a hobbyist business and as such sometimes a little slow to respond, but they do get around to it, and they have contributed some great kit to the hobby.

My only association with TechZone is that I am a satisfied customer. (Even though my delivery also took quite a while).
November 16, 2010 03:28AM
Hi All,
Still have not received my missing belt kit (or an email) from botmill.
Just got belt kit from parts@stephengeorge.com. In 4 days.
Mendel should be running in a few days.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login