Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot smiley Arctic Freeze water cooled hot end kit $45USD Free international shipping

Posted by metzindustries 
hot smiley Arctic Freeze water cooled hot end kit $45USD Free international shipping
December 07, 2014 01:21AM
Hi there,

Butte from AutoX3D.

We are finally done with our new water cooled print hot end. After months of design and testing we have made what we feel is a really kicking hot end.

Here are the specs:

Metal construction, no teflon, no PEEK.
Aluminum heat exchanger that keeps a 50c temp while the hot end is maintaining 300C and above with a heat break of 4mm.
The hot end is aluminum and holds a 6mm x 20mm heater cartridge perfectly. It also has threaded fittings to accept a m6 threaded K type thermocouple.
The nozzle comes in 0.4mm
It comes with push type hose connectors for the pump and will work with most aquarium pumps. It runs silent. I dont include the pump with this offer cause you can buy them local in most countries, and it makes no sense mailing that around the world.

The filament guide takes either 1.75 or 3mm filament. Just specify in the order page.

I have used it with direct drive printers on a Solidoodle, and bowden setup as well as my own aluminum extruder design.

It is straight forward to install and use. With a direct drive extruder, it is easy to clean with a piece of stainless TIG rod. If you change filament and get a little bit of melted plastic in the cold end, just turn off the pump, the fiament guide will heat up and the plastic can be cleared from the guide.

The melt zone is designed to melt fast for fast prints and have a low amount of excess plastic so you dont have the ooze common in J head prints. The filament acts like a plunger inside with solid unmelted plastic as the plunger and a very sharp transition zone between the hot and cold zones so your filament does not stretch and get sticky inside the hot end.

Right now I can get these out and in the mail in about 10 days for a batch. That includes buying materials, machining the parts, powder coating the cold end, high temp coating the hot end, and running to the post office.

So if you are looking for a print head that will let you do nylon and polycarbonate or even use recycled PET soda bottle filament, give my print head a try.

The price is great, only $45USD and international shipping by surface mail is included.

you can get it here: [autox3d.com] I take paypal.

If you want to use bitcoin I will accept that also.

My FB page is [www.facebook.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2014 03:56AM by metzindustries.
Attachments:
open | download - arctic freeze layout for sales_2.jpg (68 KB)
open | download - arctic freeze back2.jpg (405.1 KB)
Re: hot smiley Arctic Freeze water cooled hot end kit $45USD Free international shipping
December 16, 2014 03:51AM

Re: hot smiley Arctic Freeze water cooled hot end kit $45USD Free international shipping
December 17, 2014 12:47AM
[www.youtube.com]

Quick video of it printing polycarbonate
December 26, 2014 11:34PM
Next batch of print heads ships Wednesday. Get your now
January 01, 2015 10:50AM
Now comes with files to print your own water pump and radiator.
November 24, 2015 09:39PM
Beware,
I paid in full and not a single followup.
I had to mail him after 2 months and I just got a answer to tell me that it would be shipped promptly.
Stil waiting for the head and for an answer to my last mail asking for an update.

Too bad, really bad business.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login