Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete, Operating, Assembled Laser Cut RepRap Mendel

Posted by kymberlyaandrus 
Complete, Operating, Assembled Laser Cut RepRap Mendel
April 09, 2010 07:34PM
After much testing, we are finally satisfied with our complete Assembled Generation 3 RepRap Mendels, but now we need to make the instructions on how to assemble them. So ten lucky people can now purchase assembled, operational, plywood RepRap Mendels. They will be shipped ready to plug-in and hook-up to your computer. They have laser-cut plywood frame pieces not the extruded plastic parts. They include our complete electronics kit and thick sheet set with inset aluminum buildplate. The extruder is a geared style extruder(pictures to come soon).Because we what to build them to do our tutorial and utube videos, these will be shipped assembled, ready for final adjustments. We will begin shipping these on Thursday, April 15, 2010, two per day, in the order that they were paid for. Your choice of shipping method and carrier(USPS, UPS or Fedex) We have listed these on ebay at [cgi.ebay.com] for 894.00 and that includes 44.00 ea for Ebay fees (ouch!)I am selling them here for 850.00(no ebay fees). We will cancel the listing when the combined sale total reaches the ten we have as well as putting a note here.

Note: The extruder and electronics were not installed when I took these pictures, so I will add more pictures soon with a UTube link

Payments and inquiries can be sent to kymberlyaandrus (at) yahoo.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 07:42PM by kymberlyaandrus.
Attachments:
open | download - reprap1.JPG (301.7 KB)
open | download - reprap4.JPG (356.7 KB)
Re: Complete, Operating, Assembled Laser Cut RepRap Mendel
April 09, 2010 07:43PM
Really COOL... thumbs upsmileys with beercool smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
April 09, 2010 07:56PM
Wow, I can't wait to see the DXF files, I love your new X axis!

Most lasercut RepStraps I have seen have been a little on the loud side, especially the wooden ones. Is this noticeably louder than the RP Mendel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 08:50PM by spacexula.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
April 10, 2010 05:09AM
That's pretty cool, Kymberly!

This is probably a pretty good place to put docs:
[reprap.org]

and you can use [reprap.org]
to embed video.

I've added it to:
[reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 05:10AM by SebastienBailard.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 12, 2010 03:50PM
This looks like a great way to get everything I want in one shot but the shipping cost to Germany is $535.61UPS Worldwide Saver.
Would it be possible to get everything in the kit except the power supply?
April 13, 2010 04:13AM
Here is the first of the promised videos. Though not quite the quality I was hoping for... I have also posted files on the wiki

[www.youtube.com]
Hi there!
Do you know how mutch it is to send it to Europe?
April 14, 2010 09:18PM
Which country?

If I send it assembled, it is pretty expensive. If I dismantle the frame, and put it in a smaller box it isn't too bad.
April 14, 2010 11:32PM
Ruben is in Portugal. smiling smiley

(Ruben: pst!)
[dev.forums.reprap.org]

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 15, 2010 11:46AM
Shipping to Portugal, either assembled or unassembled is $129.00 by USPS
April 18, 2010 02:47PM
Does it use the same length of rod as regular Mendel?

Also, does it use the same or similar amounts of screws/bolts/washers?

"Day breaks, but decay soon follows."
April 19, 2010 07:31PM
this design does use the same count and sizes of rod as the original Mendel.

The nuts and bolts are similar, but we do not use as many of them. I will be offering a kit for the "differences" to allow a person to convert their LaserCut Mendel to the original Mendel as they print the parts. Getting documentation done is top priority right now.
April 23, 2010 02:10AM
Here's the discussion thread where people can do their build log and mutual user support.
[forums.reprap.org]

That way this thread can stay focused on sales. grinning smiley

May 12, 2010 05:40PM
Just curious - did you resolve the 'wobble' on the Z-Axis shown in your youtube video? And I was wondering if you could answer the noise question.

And, have you sold all of the already assembled ones?

Thanks
jk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 09:36PM by Knodel.
May 15, 2010 03:20AM
Sorry I missed your post. Yes the wobble is gone(part kids no longer bouncing on hard wood floor, and part redesign of axis, for better bearing contact.) I have a new video, but it is being edited. I hope to have this up Saturday 5/15, but I will post a link on the forum when it is, hopefully with our extrusion video too.

And yes all the assembled ones are sold, whew!. They were a steal for those that got them. Each RepRap took abut ten hours to assemble.yawning smiley
May 16, 2010 03:43AM
Can anyone post a picture of the Y-axis assembly (particular the bearings and 'squashed frog' part)? I have been trying to assemble this and can't figure out a way for it to go together that doesn't interfere with the cross-rods connecting the z-axis drive.
May 30, 2010 07:33PM
Will you be selling complete assembled kit?
June 01, 2010 10:13PM
Will there be a step by step tutorial for people with absolutely no experience with assembling anything, like me???

I really want to buy one, any full set available?
June 04, 2010 07:20AM
I would like to have one assembled or not delivered to Turkey. I was making extended research to build my self but this offer is very cool.

Please contact me by e-mail.
June 21, 2010 12:24PM
Well folks I'm still waiting for my order, from these guys. They received full payment on the first of May.
Shipment was promised for the following week. Then more excuses, and it still hadn't shipped on the 15th May.

On May 24th it still hadn't shipped (problems with the extruder!)

Another promised ship date was made on the 8th of June.

Now, unfortunatly, I've allowed it to drag on well beyond the 45 day limit required to lodge a PayPal dispute. And they are no longer answering my emails.

Be advised, keep away!
June 22, 2010 05:46PM
Okay, I'm happy now. The transaction has been completed satisfactorily.
hi terry
can you elaborate
Im waiting on one of these(was due last week)
and so far they haven't been getting back to me.
did your parts arrive or where you told whats going on?
thnx
Mevo
June 23, 2010 01:08AM
A private mail is heading your way
June 23, 2010 08:56AM
Private?? After saying "Keep Away!". Let us all know. Good or Bad?
Well the jist of it is they ripped us both off
offered terry a refund and ignored me till ebay took the cash from them for me
DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL MESS YOU AROUND THEN PROB NOT DELIVER
cheers
Mevo
July 26, 2010 02:28PM
TechZone Communications began working with reprap parts in February of 2010 (we made our very first product offering on the 29th of January) The product offered was an electronics kit. Since then, TechZone has filled more than 400 orders!

In our few short months, we have expanded our product line to include LaserCut replacement parts for the printed Mendel pieces, and complete kits to build a LaserCut Mendel. We have also expanded our company by adding five workers, in addition to the original two.

We put a great deal of effort into identifying the parts which are most expensive/hard to get and finding a way to offer them to the rest of the world. We think that the RepRap product is Great, and revolutionary! We intend to help make it accessible to everyone, not just the guy who has an extra $1000 to burn.

The demand for the products has been overwhelming! We appreciate all of you who have purchased, and re-purchased parts from us. Unfortunately, that many orders has also created a situation where our small company has had “growing pains” it has been difficult to respond to support questions on all the different fronts that our customers have posed these questions on. It has also been difficult keeping the supply chain for the many numerous components moving smoothly (I am sure that several of you who have sourced your machines individually have found it difficult to locate parts for one machine... let alone over 100 machines!)

I sincerely apologize to any of you to whom our imperfect processes have cause problems. It is our desire to take care of those issues, and although you may have attempted to contact us about them in the past, please try again. (Near the bottom of this post, we will have instructions on a new method of communications which we want to try using).

We have, and are persisting. We continue to try to improve our processes, and take better care of our customers. We even stopped all marketing for a couple of weeks in order to get our supplies and materials ahead, as well as get caught up on our open orders and support messages. (Lambert went to scout camp with a local troop of boy scouts during one of these weeks too).

As you may imagine, with 400 orders filled, we have had a great number of very satisfied customers. We have also had a small number of frustrated customers. Unfortunately, by the nature of people, and forums, the frustrated customers are the customers who post follow-ups. I want to add here, that there is one “customer” in particular, who is very vocal, but has never purchased from us! I think that their personal bias towards a particular brand has motivated them to fan the flames of discontent.

As of the posting of this (July 26, 2010), I have no orders which are older than just a couple of days. I also have product on the shelf, ready to ship, for more than 20 complete kits and more than 40 electronics sets. We have broadened our supply line to help it move more smoothly, and taken steps to improve our email communications. I do have several people who are waiting for tips/extruders and we are working on building those right now, they will be shipping this week.

In an effort to close the communications gap, we will have someone on the IRC from 11:30AM to 12:30 PM and from 8:00PM to 10:00PM Mountain standard time. They will be available six days per week. (we try to observe the sabath, in order to allow us, and our workers time to rest and spend with their families) We will continue this for at least two weeks (until August 9th), in order to help close any communications gaps that may have formed. We invite anyone with an open issue to visit us there so that we can resolve the issue(s).
July 26, 2010 02:51PM
Hi Kimberly,

I'm glad you're on top of this. I think we're all finding out that fast comms and fast feedback are necessary this day and age in the open-source hardware game.

Here's the RepRap IRC channel:
irc://irc.freenode.net/#reprap
hi
emm not to be all negitive but can you tell me a more exact time there will be people on as ive been on 5 times now and no ones been there from techzone(as far as i know usually ask dont know everyones usernames)
cheers
Mevo
July 30, 2010 07:56PM
Mevo,

Her username in irc is "kymberlyaandrus". smiling bouncing smiley

thanx
must just keep missing her
cheers
mevo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login