Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

-=( Aluhotend-V5C )=- Jhead compatible hotend, now with bowden

Posted by thejollygrimreaper 
-=( Aluhotend-V5C )=- Jhead compatible hotend, now with bowden
August 21, 2014 07:06AM
"AluhotendV5C"

The AluhotendV5C-1.75mm/3mm is designed for general use high resolution printing with PLA , ABS and NYLON, The default nozzle size is 0.4mm, the hotend comes assembled and ready for use at temperatures up to 245c. It features a PTFE liner for a high degree of reliability ,This hotend requires a fan blowing on the heatsink for proper operation just like every other hotend and we also now have it in a bowden configuration for both 3mm and 1.75mm filament.

contact me via pm
email: thejollygrimreaper@gmail.com
irc: #reprap

wiki link : Aluhotend wiki page
ebay:ebay link

*shipping is via standard Airmail and does not include a tracking number or insurance certain countries maybe excluded due to past trouble with unreliable mail delivery, if you aren't confident in your local mail service use the "pack and send" or "registered post" options available when you make your purchase.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 09:09PM by thejollygrimreaper.

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

-=( bump )=-

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

Re: -=( Aluhotend-V5C )=- bowden config now available
September 07, 2014 09:50AM
-=( bump )=-

Re: -=( Aluhotend-V5C )=- bowden config now available
September 14, 2014 10:38AM
Ive just started using one of these.. so far its going great...

Im just wondering how much the fan is needed? I have a fan rigged up, but i was getting prints lifting because of the air flow, so I tried printing with thefan turned off, and it still works good.

Cheers
Re: -=( Aluhotend-V5C )=- Jhead compatible hotend, now with bowden
September 14, 2014 07:15PM
you don't actually need much in the way of cooling for it, but this also depends on the filament quite dramatically , i have in the past partially blocked off the lower part of the fan with tape but slowing it down via pwm can be done as well,

a few people have made ducts for it but haven't really shared any stl files, this is somthing on my to-do list

September 15, 2014 10:01PM
I think i might be lucky with the filament ive got a tthe moment. A duct would defintely solve the lifting problem. Cheers
September 15, 2014 10:55PM
I'm finally sick of my E3d V6 jamming with PLA.
Thinking about buying this hotend. What kind of speeds do you get with abs and pla?
September 16, 2014 01:46AM
XCopter
Thinking about buying this hotend. What kind of speeds do you get with abs and pla?

I've taken them up to 80mm/sec, running 0.1mm layers and such such in PLA, however it comes down to a lot of other factors as to what speed you ultimately max out at , this hotend is built more for doing high quality and high resolution prints,

September 17, 2014 05:57AM
What kind of performance should I expect from abs?
September 17, 2014 06:34PM
XCopter
What kind of performance should I expect from abs?

about the same as i get from pla, the only difference is the temperature i normally do abs 235c

September 19, 2014 11:33AM
XCopter

On my Mini Kossel, expanded horizontals to 350mm:
As mentioned the E3D is better at lower speeds and there are many variables to get any hot end to work for DIY, Reprap machines.
I have found that with Black PLA from Bumat, I use Cura to slice then print from SD card, I set the temperature at 195C, speed at 40mm/s, travel at 100mm/s and the filament settings at 1.76mm and 95% for flow. I use Greg's Wade extruder with gears from Printerbot.
I have a fan on the fins blowing all the time, wired onto Ramps 12v rail, as soon as it starts and until I turn the power off.
I manually retract the filament after a print and sometimes I can see the end, in the bowden tube.
Then before starting a print, after the hot end is at temperature, I manually turn the extruder gear to get the flow going out the hot end.
Start the print from the SD card.
September 24, 2014 02:16PM
bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login