Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Astrosyn Dampers (Reduce vibration and printer noise!)

Posted by astroboy907 
Astrosyn Dampers (Reduce vibration and printer noise!)
July 07, 2014 07:18PM
I've started stocking Astrosyn Dampers as add-ons to 3D printers that use NEMA 17 sized motors. These dampers are specifically built to reduce printer noise and vibrations and are easy to install on most printers, the only requirement is that the motors and pulleys must be able to be moved 6mm back as that is the height of the damper.

Price is $23 shipped in the USA for a set of three, or $16.50 for a set of two. At this point I am not stocking mounting hardware but if there is a lot of demand for specific printers I would be happy to get screws for different models of printers.

I take direct paypal payment (or just ask me for an invoice through paypal), please PM me to get my paypal address. Feel free to contact me by PM or posting here if youneed special quantities or international purchases. Postage will be through USPS first class mail unless otherwise specified.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about these. I am very flexible with shipping, etc.

If you want more info on these, check out these threads, I have sold them there under the same username. These are pretty awesome!
[forum.seemecnc.com]
[forum.seemecnc.com]
Re: Astrosyn Dampers (Reduce vibration and printer noise!)
July 16, 2014 01:04AM
Would anyone be interested if I were able to get the mounting screws needed for a Prusa kit?
August 19, 2014 07:13PM
I currently am also stocking sized NEMA 23 dampers, if anyone has a ginourmous printer that is too loud!
October 22, 2014 09:52PM
I have a ginormous printer that uses NEMA 23 motors and is too loud. Did you ever get an order together for some of the dampers for NEMA 23s?
October 22, 2014 10:29PM
the_digital_dentist
I have a ginormous printer that uses NEMA 23 motors and is too loud. Did you ever get an order together for some of the dampers for NEMA 23s?

Yes I did, and I still have a few in stock. PM me and let me know how many you are looking for and I will let you know how much everything will be shipped.

Thomas

Edit: for all who are interested in NEMA 17 sized dampers I am currently out of stock and will likely be out of stock until the end of October/Early November. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 10:30PM by astroboy907.
November 15, 2014 02:43AM
I'm back in stock! And I've switched damper types! These aren't Astrosyns anymore (sorry for the misleading thread title!). This new variety should offer a more stable platform for motors while still dampening the sound quite similarly to the originals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2014 02:44AM by astroboy907.
March 17, 2015 11:54PM
How does the new style work compared to the first ones? I am thinking about getting some hoping that my print quality improves. I went to 400 step motors and a smoothie board on my Rmax v1 too so I already have less noise. I havent printed with it yet, but since going to ball joints, my prints look terrible. It is possible it is belt over the idler bearings and a hobbed or maybe printed GT2 type idler would help. Do these work a lot better than say making a cork or rubber gasket I wonder? I could put the screws on rubber too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login