Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D Stuffmaker Evolution Gen2

3D Stuffmaker Evolution Gen2
June 16, 2014 12:01PM
How Evolution Gen 2 differs From Gen 1?

Advanced tools & customization: Personalize the Evolution Gen2 by tweaking, modifying or calibrating.

High Performance Filament Extruder: Precise friction-free feeding that offers simplified changeover, QuickChange connector for easy extruder exchange and maintenance.

Nozzle fitted with 3D Cooling Kit: Improved tolerance to filament variance, extended print times, improved extrusion accuracy for better printing of solid and complex objects.

Quick Change Nozzle: Quick Change connector for fast and easy nozzle replacement and maintenance.

Print Plate: Heavy duty aluminum, resistant to warping, continuous operation, easy removal and placement.

Timing Belt Assembly: Friction-free movement for improved print placement and accuracy.

Wiring Hardness: improved wiring connection for error-free operation and reliability.

www.3dstuffmaker.com
Re: 3D Stuffmaker Evolution Gen2
July 06, 2014 08:00AM
It supports heatbed?
Re: 3D Stuffmaker Evolution Gen2
July 08, 2014 03:35PM
I don't think it differs that much from Gen1, but I am still looking for info about this myself.

From what I can tell, the "high performance filament extruder" might just be a bearing upgrade. When I was having problems with my Gen1 extruder I posted about a nice bearing upgrade. The tech guy basically said it was stupid at the time. Now I am assuming they incorporated it into their design. Of course, not a single picture actually shows the extruder.

"3d cooling kit" - a fan that was desperately needed.

"quick change nozzle" - just a connector in the wiring near the hot end. They sent me a replacement with this wiring harness on it.

"heavy duty" aluminum print plate - thats funny, they call the acrylic one 'heavy duty' too.

Wiring hardness - means they didn't skimp on the shitty wiring again.

Basically, they upgraded it to be what it should have been in the first place.

As for the heated bed, my gen1 uses gen6 electronics. So a heated bed is possible but requires more tinkering than usual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login