Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Sale MakerBot Replicator 2 *Great Condition*

Posted by amazonuser2014 
For Sale MakerBot Replicator 2 *Great Condition*
June 09, 2014 03:52PM
Hi!!!

I'm a long time reader and first time poster smiling smiley

I just wanted to see if anyone is interested in buying a MakerBot Replicator 2 I've had since last fall. It's in great condition.

Would $1000 plus shipping to the US be fair? I can do international as well.

Payment is via paypal only and buyer has to be verified. Will request buyer to call paypal to release the funds if they hold the payment for 21 days. I will not ship until payment is cleared.

Pictures upon request!

ADMIN EDIT: Read the replies in this thread! This is likely a fraudulent attempt to sell. $1000 is extremely low for this type of printer, and requesting the buyer have PayPal release funds before shipping is not a good idea. PayPal holds the funds in order to protect the buyer, and only holds funds when the seller has limited (or bad) selling history. Buyer beware!

Also see [forums.reprap.org]

amazonuser2014: If you feel this is in error, please contact me (or any other admin).

Please take note that having multiple accounts for the same person is not allowed on those forums.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2014 05:00AM by DeuxVis.
Re: For Sale MakerBot Replicator 2 *Great Condition*
June 10, 2014 11:51AM
Hmm there seems to be little to no interest.

$900 shipped?
June 25, 2014 07:57PM
still not sold?
July 28, 2014 02:21PM
ATENTION ALL!!!

I bought this 3D printer 4 weeks ago for $900,00 (wire transfer on the 30th of June 2014) and the seller, "amazonuser2014" - a guy called Ting Hsuan Kuo, living in Sacramento, California 95833, US, still has not sent me a tracking number or a copy of the USPS bill. He is not answering my emails since five days.

Uploaded you can find pictures of the 3D printer he sent me, copies of our last communication and his driver licence.

If someone has also paid this machine, please write here.
If someone thinks to buy it, please note it is sold already (at least once!).
If I do not get an answer and a copy of the shipment bill from Ting Hsuan Kuo till tomorrow I will start a bank investigation for the transferred sum of $900.
If someone has any usefull information, please share.

Thank you!
Ivan

ADMIN EDIT: Driver's license photo removed. Do not post other's personal information without permission. That is not the way to handle a dispute. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 03:13PM by NewPerfection.
Attachments:
open | download - Ting18.pdf (67.4 KB)
open | download - Ivan22.pdf (67.7 KB)
open | download - 2iqis6x.jpg (491.4 KB)
open | download - 2u45th4.jpg (465.1 KB)
open | download - 2yy4mkm.jpg (539.2 KB)
July 28, 2014 03:38PM
The seller just contacted me back, hopefully he will send soon the tracking number of the shipment, I am waiting for it.
Thanks to the Admin!
Kind regards,
Ivan
July 28, 2014 03:42PM
I had the same experience a few months ago when I purchased it for ~$650 (cant remember the exact price). I was lucky enough to get a full refund, but it was very sketchy. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!

When I cross-referenced this amazon account/personal address/phone number it did not add up. He said he lived in Tennessee but the account was based in California.

@ivan - I would HIGHLY suggest getting a refund ASAP! Between my bank and Amazon Payments I was able to get a credit for the money until the full fraud investigation was completed. Keep/go back and make a full in-depth timeline of the transaction including forum PMs/post and ANY correspondence.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
July 28, 2014 03:54PM
When I have a dispute with someone for a big sum of money (for me 900 is a lot), I always pay a visit. Usually sorts out everything. Both (yes twice) times the seller was just being lazy and non-communicative and I could walk away with the goods I bought, so there were no fights involved (just to make clear I don't mean a fight with 'paying a visit').

Do you live far away from the vendors' city? Or maybe you can ask someone you know to pay him a visit?

Buying a Replicator 2 for 900 bucks sounds like a scam no doubt.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 28, 2014 03:54PM
Thank you for the details and advice, gmh39!

Ivan
July 29, 2014 07:49AM
The seller has sent me neither a tracking number, nor the money back. I am starting a fraud investigation.
Thanks,
Ivan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login