Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AliExpress prices too good to be true...?

Posted by gtoal 
AliExpress prices too good to be true...?
April 03, 2014 05:50PM
My scam hackles are raised at the moment from a bunch of vendors on AliExpress all charging in the $150-$250 range for various 3D printers. What these vendors all have in common is zero feedback whereas the vendors charging in the $1000 range for what appears to be identical equipment all show _some_ feedbacks. Has *anyone* successfully bought a low-cost printer on AliExpress and if so from whom? (Although if I were a scammer, I would probably prime the pump by selling one or two units at those prices just to get some legit feedback before selling hundreds that just never deliver..., so I'm not even sure that a positive answer to this question is enough to convince me of anyone's bona fides.)

If we are looking at mass scamming here (there are hundreds of these ads), is AliExpress complicit? They appear to have a dispute/escrow system that would make this kind of scamming impossible - as far as I can tell, the vendors don't get paid until the customer acknowleges receipt. So what's the deal?

Or is there really a new market in low cost printers from China and I'm being foolish to be so wary?

G
Re: AliExpress prices too good to be true...?
April 04, 2014 07:08PM
I've bought RAMPS boards off aliexpress. Took a while to arrive but I got it.

As for buying a whole printer, you will get what you pay for. I would not be surprised if it would be missing some parts but it will definitely be low quality.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
April 10, 2014 12:59PM
The last days i've seen a lot of Aliexpress listed at ridiculously low prices. If you read the item descriptions, you will usually find something like: "this listing is only orientative, please contact seller to request a quote".

Aliexpress should take measures about that practice.
April 11, 2014 01:25PM
For those of you wondering, here are some examples:

[www.aliexpress.com]
[www.aliexpress.com]
[www.aliexpress.com]
[www.aliexpress.com]

Too good to be true. I just can't figure out how they plan to get around the Aliexpress escrow. Perhaps they think that having EMS with delivery confirmation (of a letter or whatever) will be enough for Aliexpress to at least give them some of the money being held in escrow.

Anyhow, avoid.

Aaron
April 12, 2014 03:12AM
if you take a look at the specs - they are preety low - looks like old tech...
so all in all i would argue that they are just bad (compared to todays standards), and not really cheap...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login