Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vapor Print Finisher for sale!

Posted by Rburnham87 
Vapor Print Finisher for sale!
March 22, 2014 07:27AM
Greetings Makers,
As many of you may already know, acetone baths are a great way to give ABS parts a glossy clean finish. The process requires acetone to be evaporated in a container and the part to be emerged into the vapor cloud. There are articles talking about using the heated bed of their 3D printer to perform acetone baths. Acetone should be used in a well ventilated space and a dedicated machine is the best way to perform vapor baths.

I am proud to announce the release of the Vapor Print Finisher (VPF). The VPF will allow makers to perform vapor baths in safe, well ventilated locations while freeing up your 3D printer. The VPF is a temperature controlled hotplate and all you need to add is a glass jar and some acetone. Acetone baths are great for makers looking to take their prints to a new level or inventors looking to make top notch prototypes.

The VPF comes with a 6x6 inch hotbed and runs off a 12v 6a power supply.

Get the VPF 6"x6" for only $85 at store.osprintingllc.com

model source: thing:18271

model source: thing:27053

All the prints were printed with a 4 layer wall thickness and .2mm layer height.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely,
Rob Burnham
CEO of Open Source Printing LLC
Re: Vapor Print Finisher for sale!
March 22, 2014 08:36AM
So you are selling a hot plate for $85?

Also, your company is called Open Source Printing, LLC, are you going to make the design open source? I would sure hope so...

PS. You've got some pretty bad z banding going on in those prints...

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
Re: Vapor Print Finisher for sale!
March 22, 2014 04:08PM
No need for heat [youtu.be] this is what I use now and works great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login