Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap mendel parts. 30.00$

Posted by James Villeneuve 
reprap mendel parts. 30.00$
December 27, 2009 06:45PM
hi everyone. I'm thinking about machining out parts for Mendel. the 6 large brackets that are taking 2-4 hrs to print each (Frame-vertex_60ff) . those are the only thing worth my machining and design time currently.

It would be about 25-30.00 for those 6 parts + shipping from usa. probably priority flat rate. so add in $9.00. it may be cheaper if your willing to do some of the cleanup and finishing work (buffing, sanding corners, over sizing holes, )

the parts are two peaces connected together with 2 screws so you would get something like 12 pieces and 12 screws. it simplifies machining original parts and creating the ones to sell out of urethane (strong dose not melt to 230 deg C, and its bending temp is over 150deg C. meaning it can support your Mendel build unless you are doing something special. I would recommend an extruder that is acrylic plastic parts, or some High temp plastic.

Since its bending temp (the temp it starts to give, is lower that acrylic it will not work well for extruder parts. It should keep its shape thru about anything else. I currently have dies to make them red, blue or black. again you would get cast parts created from machined molds.

I don't think the urethane swells much from moisture once it is cured, and like most plastics it's color fades in uv light.

keep in mind that the parts are molded from a machined part and not machined themselves so expect tolerances of +/- .125mm or so.

if anyone is interested let me know. I'll post pictures of how to make them and what you would get if i made them for you. Just trying to jump start this Mendel thing, cause the more of you who have one, the better the printers get. the better the prints get the easier time i have convincing people its worth my time smiling smiley

take care!

James
here is one of 12 pieces that 2 of each piece makes a full vertex bracket. that have been made be me. this is before sanding and clean up and over sizing holes. 2 small holes have not been drilled thru yet either but would be if a person ordered them. this part was created out of uruthane, and is a 1/2 of a bracket part for Mendel. all parts are sanded and finished before shipping. thx.

30.00$ + shipping for 12 of these, 12 screws and instructions

email me if interested and i will send you paypal ink. estimated complete time for parts is less than 3 days and arrival about 10 days after purchase
Re: reprap mendel parts. 30.00$
December 28, 2009 06:49PM
These look nice. Do you have any plans to make the rest of the Mendel parts?
yes, but it costs a lot to make them, so i am starting out with these. the smaller parts i may just 3d print out. these parts would have take 2-4hrs a piece if make them on Darwin. also people have warping issues,and more, so 2-3 tries per part.

here is an update picture. it is white/ brown to show that there are two parts. actual colors would be black, blue or red. this picture shows how they work together. so 12 of thse parts make 6 mendel vertexes. these are different colors and were processed different o you would see the difference. your parts would be red, black or blue. just let me know at paypal checkout! if you have issues and they don't work i will accept returns for up to 2 weeks after purchase! they mail from usa priority mail bubble wrapped along with mendel parts list and mendel instructions!

This link below will take you to a web sight that processes payment by paypal. If you want to talk to me in email let me know jamesdanielvATmsn.com (replace AT with @)

I will edit this post or cancel link when i have more orders that i can handle. again these are +/1 .125 all that is needed is a little sanding along release supports. 2 parts face each other to form one of 6 needed vertexes. i estimate it would take a person longer to print these than it would for it to arrive by mail. not to mention i do testing and measure to ensure accuracy. btw. the 2 tiny wholes do not show in this mold but would in the final mold. for short term i will make a jigg and just drill them.

I am on the forums if you wonder who i am, just look up me and my posts.

James

that is +/- .125 mm and need sanding. about 5 minutes of work total from you for 12 parts that make 6 vertexes...
anyone interested? i have the 12 parts in black now and can post pics in the morning.

thx,

james
fr those wanting a head start on the mendel, i have these plastic vertex pieces. 12 of them make the 6 vertex support to the mendel. see pictures below including one with my name and date to prove it is genuine. i want to make and sell all of mendel, but just to design and get this to a manufactured state was around 500$ cost to me. I am selling the plastic parts below in black, blue., or red. here is one full set being used. the metal rods are not included for 30.00$ if you want the item built as in picture it is 75.00$ us + 12.00$ shipping. if all you want is the plastic pieces as shown in picture it is 30.00$ us and 9.99 shipping taht includes 12 vertex half pieces. see picture to see how they go together.

pay here. you will get confirmation within minutes, item will ship with 24hrs priority mail!

I have the ability to make 120 parts a day and ship 10 orders out a day!

james.

remmeber 30.00 is just for 12 half vertexes. they combine and form 6 vertex parts for mendel. this is the longest part to build for mendel as you need 6 of them.

January 02, 2010 04:14AM
Hi James,
i am very interested for these parts.
Is it possible to pay with international banking transfer, because i have no Paypal
account.
If there is one set left please send it to me.
Best Regards and a happy new year from Germany
Erich Hoyer ehoyer@gmx.de
I would recommend clicking the above paypal link for payment. it offers you a choice to use credit card or bank transfer. it is a 3rd party that handles the finances, and ensures that transaction is handled smoothly.
January 02, 2010 05:40AM
Hi James,
i just reactivated my paypal account.
The deal there was okay, but then i got an error message when i want get back to your account.Please send me a short reply.
I don`t know yet is the deal complete or not.
Erich Hoyer
yes. it went Thru. thanks. your item will be made today, and ship out when post office opens up Monday. let me know if you have further questions. I will send you a confirmation to your email directly within 24hrs. you should have your item around 10 business days. thanks again!
January 16, 2010 05:09AM
Hi James,
I have  got the parts and your cd,thanks.
Inside the htm files when i call a highlighted point  in your cd, firefox allways
writes cannot find ...png or so.What can i do.
Is it allowed to sell your cd for a symbolic price of 0,99 euro  plus shipping to 
interrested user in the  german reprap forum.
Is it possible to download the newest 3dsimple manager, and where for ubuntu derivat
linuxmint8.
Regards Erich
hello, that cd is just a copy of what can be found on reprap here. it is all open source and free. glad parts arrived, you can sell the cd for whatever it costs you, i never wanted profit from the cd. 99 euro seems ok to do. again it is just a cd with reprap mendel designs, and as far as i know you can copy all you want.

also if you our other people are interested i have my own version of extruder, complete with motor and thermistor (drive electronics are not sold by me yet)

I am now selling extruders with motor and thermistor complete and built for 89.00$ as well. let me know if any one is interested. my web site will show more of these parts this weekend www.profounddevices.com. If anyone is interested in extruders for 89.00 with motor let me know. my design is simple and will also be posted soon.
January 16, 2010 10:35PM
Just got my parts. Thanks a ton! Let me know if you ever decide to make any other parts for the frame. I will more than likely be buying one of your extruder kits here in a week or so once I have some more money to work with. Thanks again.

-dean
I'll be updating my web site with images of what is for sale tomorrow. i had some web issues, and will be working on them. it may be a week or two before extruder images are online

james
here is a video file of parts

to buy in usa go here: (usa ships within 2 business days, arrives 4-5 days) 35.00$ USA WITH SHIPPING

purchase outside usa here: (international ships within 3 business days arrives 10days) total is 40.00 including the 10.00 shipping

i am working on updating my website. it will be down off and on during upgrade

view my video in post above. thanks. also note i am charging for parts and time, and trying to be as low as possible. thanks.

here are some more parts i can add them to orders. shipping is 5.00 usa, 10.00$ international. parts shipped out within 72hrs max.
this button below includes base plate in video

here is part minus the baseplate of printer.

contact me directly if you want me to combine purchase for parts.
i'm willing now to produce complete kits, would anyone use a mendel that had threaded axis instead of belt driven axis if it saved 100$ i'm thinking i can get a kit out to people for under 300$ with motors minus electronics to control stepper and axis. there are tons of suppliers for 4 axis cnc boards and lots of people know how to use mach III and emc2 i think. anyone interested? also are you fine with the threaded drive versus belt drive? i need to know so i can get the right designs for people. also i will post the designs for those that want to built it themselves. It will cost me 900$ for my first mendel design, but i did it in a way that building more will use templates and cnc code so the next one will be 299$ minus extruder heater and electronics, but mechanically complete.

thanks,

james
January 21, 2010 07:45AM
Threaded axes are too slow unless you use proper leadscrews with a big pitch. How does it work out $100 cheaper?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
I'll show a video this weekend on it if i get time. the max speed may be slower, but the screw driven system is fast enough. I'm more worried about backlash and wear. the screw will need a little bit of oiling every few weeks and the backlash is compensated between 2 nuts and a spring so there is no chatter or backlash when switching directions. the upside is belts require special ordering, or are Toyota timing belts that are 17-29.00 a piece from a mechanics shop. the screw/ threaded rod is is $1 from any hardware store. it may by chance just be where i am located that I used this design.

thanks for reading, I'll post more information this weekend. also who can post to the reprap wiki for designs? thanks

james
January 21, 2010 10:53PM
I have been selling mendel components on Ebay, I am using my Makerbot to produce the peices, but I think machining them will actually turn out to create a higher production rate

What parts of mendel would be the hardest to machine? That way I can concentrate on populating the parts you, and the people using your designs would have a hard time producing.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
I've moved discussion about new complete kits to mendel for less than 300$ forum. here is a picture for those that want to see parts i have for 30.00$ from the links above. here is my most recent batch

here is the image of parts
I am having help this weekend to make 20 sets of 12 vertex pieces.

let me know if more people are interested, after this Saturday they ship same day as payment.
January 27, 2010 07:51PM
Boa noite

você tem todas as peças plásticas da mendel pra vender?

Aguardo

Obrigado
sim. Eu faço $350US leva de 3 semanas.

Google translator. love it!
1/30/2009 i will have 20 sets of 12 pieces half vertex frame pieces. each order includes 2 halves. I will begin shipping same day as order is paid for. no more waiting 3 days. i have a lot of these made now.

james
profounddevices LLC, Oregon USA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login