Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] Accessory Kit / Finishing Tools

Posted by Isos 
[USA] Accessory Kit / Finishing Tools
February 11, 2014 05:48PM
I've put together a kit of 3D printer finishing accessories that I've found very helpful. Even with a well-calibrated machine, ABS/PLA can sometimes require some cleanup.

I'm offering several of these on Ebay with free shipping within the US: [cgi.ebay.com].

Included are:
1. 2" x 60yd Wide Roll of 3M Blue Painter's Tape
Great for covering the surface of the printer bed. The extruded material adheres very well to this tape, reducing warping and allowing for easy removal of the finished product.

2. Set of 6 finishing knives
Six small carving blades ideal for clearing support material, removing plastic defects, and reaming out holes. A variety of tapered and angled shapes for reaching in difficult areas.

3. Print bed "Spatula"
Small metal painter's scraper for getting underneath printed parts and gently removing them from the print bed. Trying to lift parts from above often doesn't work well or will damage delicate features.

4. 8oz Chemical Solvent Bottle
Laboratory-grade chemical bottle for storing solvents or your own "ABS glue" (mixture of leftover plastic and solvent for making parts adhere). Solvents are the key to getting a shiny part finish. (Note: Bottle only! I cannot ship chemicals legally!)

5. 2 x Sheets of 240 Grit Sandpaper
Fine sandpaper with enough texture to remove unwanted burs and rough edges. Each sheet is 9"x11"

6. 2 x Sheets of 400 Grit Super-Fine Sandpaper
Extremely fine sandpaper for getting a smooth finish on your printed parts. Each sheet is 9"x11"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 05:49PM by Isos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login