Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Canada] mUVe 1 UV Photopolymer 3D Printer for sale

Posted by dhatw 
[Canada] mUVe 1 UV Photopolymer 3D Printer for sale
December 25, 2013 12:38PM
Hello all, I am selling my mUVe 1 3D printer. I assembled this Ultimate kit and made some significant modifications to it over the last few months but have not had time to play with it. I am a tool and die maker and enjoy tinkering with stuff but don't have the time to figure out the printing side of things. It is a shame when you see what I have done to it but my loss will be someone else's gain. Below is a link to an online add with more pictures.

[toronto.kijiji.ca]

mUVe 1 SLA 3D Printer

• Completely modified UV photopolymer 3D printer
• 240x240x250mm build volume (standard is 145x145x180mm)
• Upgraded linear rails with ball bearing carriages on Z axis
• Thomson 10 mm precision ground Acme lead screws with Delrin nuts (standard is 8mm threaded rod)
• 3mm laser cut stainless steel plates throughout
• Off the shelf precision rod ends for adjustable articulation of peel arm (a peel move is performed after each layer is printed)
• Solid as a rock
• Gantry system is upgraded too with IGUS plain bearings as apposed to the full polymer bearings that ship with the standard printer-these plain bearings are encased inside an aluminum shell and don’t take the shape of printed holders so they don’t bind
• All linear rod/idler pulley holders and motor mounts replaced with laser cut steel components and have true belt tensioning incorporated
• 50 mw laser
• Build plate is made from ¼” CNC drilled 6061-T6 aluminum plate (standard is perforated sheet metal)-dead flat and rigid-it is easily removed with 4 threaded plastic knobs and easily leveled with 4 nylon lock nuts
• Google Group link: [groups.google.com]
• Web page: www.muve3d.net
• Not recommended for beginners
• Comes with 3 full and one opened bottle of black resin an unassembled UV "oven" and an almost full roll of non stick FEP tape for the reservoir which costs over $200
• I completely built this printer (I am a tool and die maker and have access to a laser cutter) then got really busy at work. I don’t have time anymore to play with it. I have only printed a test cube then it sat around for quite a while and now my wife is asking me to get rid of it.
• This was the ultimate kit which sold for $1700 US and was completely unassembled. Add up all of the modifications (laser cutting alone would have cost around $300) plus materials, the non stick tape and the two linear rail systems and you can see how I have arrived at the price.

I am asking $1950.

Thanks for looking, Wayne.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2013 11:02PM by dhatw.
Attachments:
open | download - 20131224_114342_Azzarello Ln_50.jpg (521.8 KB)
Re: [Canada] mUVe 1 UV Photopolymer 3D Printer for sale
January 03, 2014 05:52PM
Sold.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login