Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for reprap in Atlanta, GA

Posted by michael 
Looking for reprap in Atlanta, GA
August 20, 2009 07:54PM
Hi, I'm looking for a RepRap in the Metro Atlanta Area. Anybody currently building one? Anybody in planning stages? Thanks, Michael
I'm not in Atlanta, but I'm in the Chattanooga area. I just got my makerbot and am starting printing my reprap parts.

Johnny
Re: Looking for reprap in Atlanta, GA
September 24, 2009 01:30PM
Johnny, sorry if it took a while to reply to your response. What is your experience with the makerbot. I had looked it for a while but the price versus size of parts you can produce have kept me away from getting one. I would be curious what your experience is. Michael
September 25, 2009 05:26PM
There is a group of us noroth of the metro area considering buying a reprap. We are thinking that if we go in on 1 then we can make more for the rest of us.
Tim
September 26, 2009 01:17AM
Johnny
I'm close by in Madisonville, when do you plan on printing the reprap parts. If you don't mind I would be interested.
hi i am an engineering student at southern polytechnic in the metro area and i would love to get together with anyone considering one and help financially with what i can so i could make parts for a personal one to use. at our school we have a rapid prototype machine that could be used to print some parts but i currently don't have access to it, but if their was enough interest i could look into using it to make our parts for the first model if i buy the ABS or plastic i am sure they wouldn't mind a student using it to make another small 3d printer.

thanks,
jay price
November 05, 2009 10:45AM
Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't followed this thread, I forgot I posted here and have been busy setting up to sell PLA. I am still printing my first set of Mendel parts for myself, you can see my progress at [ultimachine.com].

I am trying to print parts, but been having different kinds of extruder trouble. I am more than willing to help anyway needed.

I think we should move these conversations to the Atlanta RepRap user group [dev.forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2009 11:21PM by johnnyr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login