Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For Sale: MakerBot Thing-o-Matic (Florida)

Posted by namastizzle 
For Sale: MakerBot Thing-o-Matic (Florida)
August 01, 2012 06:40PM
I'm selling my MakerBot Thing-o-Matic #6698. Due to school I haven't had time or a workspace to take advantage of this wonderful machine. In the coming year I am moving and traveling extensively for work and school, which means I must sell this MakerBot soon.

The kit was purchased in December 2011, and assembled in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The only modification from the stock design / parts list was replacement of the power supply with a 500W ThermalTake PSU, for noise reduction. Unit was assembled by three experienced geeks with electrical engineering/CS/IT/medical backgrounds, with excessive attention to detail in construction and precision soldering.

I've linked to videos demonstrating function of X/Y/Z axis motors and a test extrusion. My previous workspace had a different temp/humidity, so the extrusion feed/flow isn't optimized in this video.

Price includes over 50% of the 1.75mm 1kg ABS roll, and a stand-alone spool.

Price is $950 negotiable, plus shipping & insurance from Fort Lauderdale. No shipping charge if you're willing to pick up or meet in South Florida, or perhaps as far as Tampa. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions!

Motors demo: [www.youtube.com]
Controls demo: [www.youtube.com]
Extruder demo: [www.youtube.com]
Re: For Sale: MakerBot Thing-o-Matic (Florida)
January 17, 2014 09:20PM
Hey Man,

If the offer is still available i am willing to pay up to around 600 dollars for that.

Only small problem though is that I live in Europe, so are you willing to send this printer ? Or isn't this an option ?

Thx,
Jorrit

*Sry for sloppy English, Europe..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login