Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new graphical LCD panel 35€, improved Melzi controller board 79€

Posted by tenbaht 
new graphical LCD panel 35€, improved Melzi controller board 79€
July 26, 2013 01:31AM
I just finished the sample approval process for a newly designed graphical LCD panel and my version of the well-known Melzi controller board and I am very excited to be able to introduce my work to you. The first regular production run can start very soon now. To support the product introduction process I set up a campaign on Ulule.com (or here the german version).

I am offering special prices on that site:
- LCD panel, 128x64 pixels blue/white, backlight, microSD slot, rotatry encoder and buzzer: 35/39€
- improved Melzi board with 4 replaceable Pololu-compatible motor driver modules: 79/85€
- full set with Melzi board and LCD panel: 110/120€

These prices already include VAT. The lower prices are a special early bird offer in limited quantity of 10 pieces/sets each.

Both, the board and the LCD, are readily supported by the Marlin firmware. The board comes preflashed with a current Marlin version. By some easy cable rewiring the LCD can be used for other boards as well.

This set is an all-in-one solution, ready for use and with no need for any soldering or crimping. The main improvements over the original Melzi board are:

- exchangeable motor driver modules
- CPU ATmega1284P with 128kB flash, essential for supporting a graphical display.
- reverse polarity protection for DC-input (almost lossless, not only a simple diode)
- very efficient power-MOSFETs, no heatsink required
- highly hackable PCB design, all signals are accessible on additional solderpads with 2.54mm pitch
- solder pads for adding optional Molex-connectors and a DC-Jack for using a 19V laptop power supply
- DC-input 8..30V without the need to modify any voltage range resistors for voltage other than 12V
- USB-UART converter Microchip MCP2200 (as with Gen7): offers up to 8 programmable GPIO-pins.

For more technical data, please check out my campaign on Ulule

-----------

3D printer electronics
Campaign on Ulule.com for MaKrPanel with graphical LCD and improved Melzi controller board

improved Melzi controller board
Panel with graphical LCD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login