Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS Gen V1.3/1.4 & Robotale Reprap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller troubles

Posted by Sailor 
MKS Gen V1.3/1.4 & Robotale Reprap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller troubles
March 27, 2016 10:04PM
Ok,

Have been coming across some major problems with getting my LCD hooked up to a working state. I have triple checked for the latest version of both Marlin & IDE, gone through multiple video and forums to see if any has had this issue and found almost nothing..
Other people have been having problems with the screen not showing any lettering or menu, but this just blinks when the power is applied. Most times its just adjusting the contrast on the LCD itself but i have tried that with no breakthrough. I've seen also some would say that the config is screwed up and the wires leading to the LCD itself are wanky and backwards, so i flipped them and even less of a reaction. In the clip above I have what It's doing and it probably makes more sense that watching that than my explanation.
Video: [www.youtube.com]

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback or advice

Sailor
I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to get it to work?
Hello

I have the same issue. I have just migrated my repetier from Arduino +RAMPS 1.4 to MKS Gen 1.4 and the display Reprap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller stopped working. There is no even power provided to display.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks

JB
I unfortunately have not gotten it to work. After digging through multiple forums, guides, and Youtube videos I tired two things that the internet could provide as solution, one being faulty routers. After re-downloading them and installing nothing seemed to be working. Another solution was that the Gen 1.3/1.4 needed to be powered after hooking up the smart controller in a strange fashion. Still no success.
The YouTube page has a description of what is wrong, and a theoretical explanation
I got it to work. In my version of the board the headers for the Sd card and the screen were soldered in the wrong orientation. I cut out a new opening so I could fit the connector and now it's working
I can second that, had exactly the same issue - either the MKS Gen V1.4 or the Reprap Discount Full Graphic Smart Controller has the pin header sockets the wrong way around. Mine has the key way closest to the board edge on the MKS board, and facing towards the bottom of the screen on the controller board. Reversed the connections (turned each connector up the other way on the controller board) and works perfectly now yay!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 04:49AM by mahatmajman.
Yes the plugs are upside down, I used a small file and filed down the tabs that fit in the cut outs on the board connection,, woo yeah, blue and yellow screen.

Too late my foreheads already bloody from hitting up against a wall,, Chinese bs, will have to make a harsh comment on Ebay about it,, hahaahahaha.

Now just to get the rest of the printer working.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login