Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is anyone out there??!?!?!?!

Posted by CalebD19 
Is anyone out there??!?!?!?!
April 13, 2013 07:24AM
I am in the twin cities area and getting started on my first repstrap. I am looking for anyone who would be kind enough to share their knowledge with me and give me some pointers/ guidelines. I am still in the designing phaze for my frame but i plan to have my first working prototype by the end of the month.

also "help" obtaining printed parts would be cool, I also have no problem purchasing them if needed, I'm just excited to learn and willing to help! so after i get a printer going if you would like an extra printer running to speed along some projects id be more than happy to assist in any way!! pizza/beer always a welcome option! smileys with beer

Thanks for you're time!
-Caleb.
I am kind of in the same boat, I have looking to see where to start for the last 2 weeks. Should I buy a Kit on EBay or just buy a built one? Either way I plan to get one going. I have been looking at the tri color Mendel, thinking how hard would it be to convert it to a 6 color by switching to dual color heads?
Re: Is anyone out there??!?!?!?!
April 14, 2013 09:22PM
Hey guys,
I'm in Rochester MN and in in the opposite boat. I'm looking to get out of reprap and I have a ton of stuff to offload. if either of you are interested I have almost enough parts for two complete machines. I was actually building a custom machine when I ran out of time.

list of pars includes

[grabcad.com]
complete custom mendel max with ramps 1.4 and makergear hot end
misumi gt2 puleys and belts
I purchased the parts to upgrade from tool steel rods to linear shafts and felon lined linear bearings.
I was also looking at doing an extruder change to use PGL35 stepper and makerbot drive gear
there are tons of extras I either added or purchased and never got to it.

I also have all the original plastics from my original prusa mendel kit and all threaded rods.
several power supplies
a second ramps 1.4 board waiting to be soldered.
a second heated build platform
all the parts to add an lcd etc.

I was planning on building my own machine based on the ultimaker, but again I ran out of time
[grabcad.com]

If either of you are interested I can pull everything out of storage and make a full inventory of what I have.

Matt
Is one of them complete and working?
April 15, 2013 10:15AM
Yes,
The Mendel Max is complete and working, although it has been collecting dust for the better part of 6 months. I was in the process of upgrading it to hardened linear rods, frelon lined linear bearings and real leadscrews.

I beleive i have all the parts, just never got around to it.
E-mail me with what you are ask for the stuff you have stevemiske@yahoo.com
April 16, 2013 12:58PM
I will sort through everything this weekend and let you know what i have and what im looking to get out of it all.
Did you for get this weekend?? grinning smiley
April 23, 2013 09:08PM
I didn't forget, just didn't have time.
I started sorting through everything tonight and I have to say I have a ton of stuff. the attached file is a list I have come up with so far and id say its about 1/2 to 1/3rd done. I took a ton of pictures of what I have so here is the dropbox link to see for yourself.
[www.dropbox.com]

I am kind of looking to offload everything at one time and I know I have a ton of money invested in all of this stuff.
I want to get everything documented before I come up with any numbers though.
I hope I can have this little project done before the weekend.

there are several numbered pictures that correspond to the excel file, the rest are random pictures that I either haven't gotten too or duplicates.
Attachments:
open | download - Reprap.xlsx (14.8 KB)
May 05, 2013 10:15PM
I'm setting the price for the whole bundle at $1000. I really just want it gone at this point. I need the room
To much for me sorry and good luck.
November 10, 2013 12:07PM
all parts sold
February 27, 2014 03:01PM
Hey,

I am new to reprapping but have successfully built and am in the process of modding out my Prusa i3. I'd love to connect with some good local reprappers to share knowledge. RepRap buddy! Hit me back if your in the area and want to share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login