Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRaoDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller not working

Posted by mubarak111nsu 
RepRaoDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller not working
April 06, 2018 10:53PM
I bought a new RepRaoDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller few days ago for my RUMBA board. I have swaped the connectors of LCD and installed the u8glib 1.18.1 and enabled the command,
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

But still it was showing only green light like the attached Untitled-min. if it is connected with PC by USB port. If I remove the USB port, then it does not show anything like power off. But my RUMBA control board is connected with 12V and 30 Amps power supply.

What is the problem , Please sir help me/.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2018 11:48PM by mubarak111nsu.
Re: RepRaoDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller not working
April 06, 2018 11:05PM

April 07, 2018 08:17AM
What is going on here, I look at the controller on "http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RRD-RUMBA.JPG" below
And the connectors EXP1 and EXP2 are reversed is this some kind of a stenciling error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 08:20AM by Roberts_Clif.
April 07, 2018 11:51PM
" sort of a stenciling error "

nope, deliberate decision by some Chinese manufactures to flip the sockets around 180 degrees, why? to mess with us of course!
Well probably not, what seems to have happened is that original LCD's have the cable plugs at 90 degrees to the board, so the cables come out flat.
But someone noticed that the straight plugs are cheaper and started putting those on, and unfortunately turned the plug around 180 degrees.

If you buy a display at same time from same supplier you get a display that matches, or with ramps an interface board that matches.

The solution, on the lcd carefully pry up the plug plastic connectors for the cable and turn them around 180 degrees, or just cut new key slots
April 08, 2018 08:58AM
OK,

When I bought a Reprap DISCOUNT SMART CONTROLLER to replaced if with my MLCD2004 the cables needed to be turned 180 dregrees.
In order to have the correct pins connected to the correct pin assignment.
As shown in the following photos.

original MLCD2004

Reprap DISCOUNT SMART CONTROLLER

As you can see the right angle connector and the straight connector the key is on the opposite side, only by mapping the pins did I determine that they were backwards.
Ended up making a new cable to allow the correct controller pins to attach to the correct LCD pins, because of the inverted connector / Key.

shown in this photo taken for this post

So what I am suggesting that it maybe something like this has occurred here, It cannot hurt to take a look.
I ended up swapping the LCD panel from the MLCD2004 controller to the Reprap, as the Reprap LCD was faulty and replacing it fixed the display.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 09:41AM by Roberts_Clif.
April 22, 2018 02:48PM
What is the design idea?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login