Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Project 3D DLP Top Down with Top FEP Film

Posted by Alessandro87 
Project 3D DLP Top Down with Top FEP Film
March 28, 2016 03:16PM
Hi guys, this is my first post and I hope it can be an inspiration to someone. Ps. sorry but I use the translator! eye rolling smiley
For some time I am working on a 3d printer UV resin, precisely the sort to "sinking."
Many of you already know but ... the classic Top Down as my Lumipocket suffer of 'effect swelling due to surface tension phenomena, capillarity, withdrawal etc ... the Top Down instead are much more precise but give adhesion problems the floor, the tray is easily damaged and more often under the projector, at risk resin bath eye popping smiley

Hence the 'idea of ​​making a Top Down with superior non-stick coating (it states that it is not the first)
The advantages can be different ... To me the most important are the ability to have a very flexible non-stick layer, sensa breakage risk or swelling due by weight of the resin and, if well designed, easy maintenance.
In contrast there is the "latent" resin, or the one that is used to fill the pan, aspect not to be overlooked ...

I did moooolte trials, discarding the optical silicone in various configurations, silicon-plexyglass of various thicknesses, silicon alone and with transparent soft silicone-pvc ... in every way after 10 prints are about ruined ... so I decided to do it all again using a "tense" sheet of FEP (transparent teflon)

Let's start with the design of the "puller" for the film of FEP
Attachments:
open | download - tenditore fep.jpg (30.7 KB)
Re: Project 3D DLP Top Down with Top FEP Film
March 28, 2016 03:19PM
Of course I understand that explain drawing little, below the photos of the " idler " assembled .
is composed of two plates that squeeze the sheet of FEP and from a third tending the sheet ... The design "saw tooth " is used to have a lot of pressure on the film of FEP shake when the bolts , sensa however, trap the ' air in that the sheet remains below the level of the slots .
Attachments:
open | download - 20160328_131748.jpg (71.4 KB)
open | download - 20160328_131903.jpg (82 KB)
open | download - 20160328_131949.jpg (69 KB)
open | download - 20160328_132102.jpg (71.6 KB)
open | download - 20160328_132246.jpg (74.8 KB)
March 28, 2016 03:21PM
Also he'll print the pan ,
is composed in two parts , a wider top which accommodates for the entire tensioner el ' possible excess of resin and a lower large little more of ' printing area ( 90mm x 50mm x 70mm approximately ) , to limit the " latent " resin ( I did not count but we are about 400 grams ) .
Attachments:
open | download - vaschetta.jpg (23.5 KB)
open | download - vaschetta con supporti 2.jpg (29 KB)
March 28, 2016 03:23PM
Below pictures of the tank and more or less assembled tensioner and the box with the projector and printer below.

As the axis Z will use the body of my Lumipocket , as there is ... even if it is not the best

I got here ... I will post soon other developments ! smileys with beer
Attachments:
open | download - 20160328_183806.jpg (78.3 KB)
open | download - 20160328_184101.jpg (83.5 KB)
open | download - 20160328_184217.jpg (75.4 KB)
March 29, 2016 06:13AM
Love the design! Looking forward reading about your progress thumbs up
March 29, 2016 09:37AM
Cool, I hope to make a top down resin printer some time, still wondering if adding additional functionality might make it
the killer kitchen utensil, ie I might add the ability to make Coffee and Nutri Bullet Smootie's smiling smiley
It's a winner smiling smiley
Keep up the good work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 09:38AM by MechaBits.
March 31, 2016 03:30PM
And we're back !
First thanks to everyone for the compliments ! I'm really flattered ! smiling bouncing smiley

But we come to the point the printer is born ! And something print !spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

We are far from perfect , but considering that I have a z -axis slightly dancer who cause me a bit of serration and I use the most absolute economic resin (as well as black so inpossibile for me to photograph ) the results are very respectable !

L ' adherence to the plan is excellent, absolutely non-existent problems of detachment and success rate of 100% !! Almost always printed ! I left 100 micron resolution up to 35 from 3 second to 0.9 time care ... never a problem or deformation or swelling !

a photo to accept, although as I said , the resin is really worth it! angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 03:34PM by Alessandro87.
March 31, 2016 03:35PM
Considering the speed of realization and excluding the cost of the projector ( DLP to be but not necessarily of good quality , at least not to ' start ) is the printer with the best finish for money that I personally know !
It is not very different from the DLP machines with prices on 2-3K ...

At this point, since the success of the prototype I would also realize the ' z -axis from scratch, which is adequate quantomento to exercise the minimum force required to detach the ' object from the film ...
VDX
March 31, 2016 05:09PM
congrats! - pretty good (and fast) results smileys with beer

Now is the point to decide between bigger working volume ... or finer resolution winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 31, 2016 06:32PM
Thank you!smileys with beer

In fact I have already chosen the way of the resolution ... approaching the projector can focus down to about 70x40 with a resolution of about 37 microns ...
But first I have to improve the ' z -axis !
VDX
March 31, 2016 07:26PM
... with lenses before the projector output I've reduced the projected image size down to 30x20mm with around 25 microns resolution ... can be even smaller/more precise with a stronger or two lenses winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

April 01, 2016 04:42AM
Nice idea ! thumbs up I like it because it is reversible and does not require you to disassemble the projector ...
What lens did you use?
VDX
April 01, 2016 04:53AM
... several types, I've found in my basement, normal (weak) magnifying lenses should be usable too ...

Viktor
--------

April 01, 2016 05:39AM
Well done! thumbs up What was the total cost to get this far?
April 01, 2016 06:35AM
Thank you!smiling smiley
The main expense is the projector , which is about 6-700$
the sheet FEP I found in family size from 5 A4 sheets at about $ 50 , useful to make about twenty pieces eye popping smiley ... The Z axis I reused one that I already had , but I'm drawing a more rigid 70-80$ ... a PLA roll should be sufficient .
The total cost excluding the projector is about $ 130
The projector can also be chosen not Full HD for $ 250-300 sacrificing a bit of definition and velocity...
VDX
April 01, 2016 07:19AM
... a good source for cheap DLP-projectors are the Casio XJ-A130 / A230, which were the source for the first 'waves' of blue 445nm-laserdiodes.

With several group-buys in related forums I've got some for 35€ (A130 with native 1024x786px) or 45€ (A230 with 1200x800px native) ... you can find some of them or other types with 'broken lamp' at ebay for prices below USD50.

For my first testing setups I've even found working DLP-beamers with 800x600px native resolution for 10-20€, where I had only to bridge a jumper to deactivate the lamp sensing,

Then with inserting a 405nm-LED (or 405nm-laserdiode) with external driver as light source you can cure the UV-resins even better, than with the original halogen lamps, which emits only single percents of 'active' UV-light ...

Viktor
--------

April 02, 2016 09:28AM
Love the results, not because they are black smiling smiley
Have you tried close up lenses to focus closer if needed.
April 03, 2016 05:36AM
Thank you,
I will do that test ! Also as I said in VDX I like it because it is reversible and does not undertake to dismantle the projector !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login