Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A telepresence 'bot...

Posted by Forrest Higgs 
A telepresence 'bot...
February 13, 2009 09:46AM
...capable of doing manual labour over the internet.

I'm pulling together the technologies needed to do just that. I'm taking a basic air muscle approach and leveraging a lot of Japanese and American research that's been done over the past 5-10 years.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
sid
Re: A telepresence 'bot...
February 13, 2009 11:32AM
Wow,
good luck with that.

Sounds nice, but as mentioned earlier on similar topics I guess it's not that easy to do.
Except you intend sitting next to a machine someone else is controlling grinning smiley

Otherwise I guess there are many things that can go wrong.

If you need any help on webinterfaces or such, just let me know

'sid

PS:
What about starting with a much simpler task.. like upload a gcode or whatever file for batch jobs and see how that goes first?
Re: A telepresence 'bot...
February 13, 2009 11:54AM
I've had a similar idea bouncing around in my head for the past couple weeks: A telepresence robot capable of extending to human height for interactions but also capable of folding up into a shippable package. The idea would be to FedEx your bot to where it's needed, have it do its job, head to the nearest FedEx store, fill out a shipping label and ship itself back home (all under your remote control, or course). Aside from the practical issues of building a telerobotic "transformer", I'm not sure if FedEx would accept payment and/or signature from a telepresence robot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login