Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filament Winding Machine

Posted by mindfab 
Filament Winding Machine
March 13, 2013 12:52PM
Hey guys,

I made a filament winding machine for carbon/glass fiber. The machine has been 3D printed, the electronic is self-made runs with a modified Marlin firmware (to support rotation axis).

I started a wiki page (which is not yet up-to-date - [www.reprap.org]) but I would like to share some fotos and videos ( [vimeo.com] ) to get some feedback. The updates to the wiki will follow sooner or later.

The machines resin "bath" is really prototypically winking smiley but it works ... The gcode generator is a ruby script which I have written on my own. Right now I use replicatorg 5D version ( [code.google.com] ) to run the program. Plans are to integrated the generator into a host software.

thx, to the reprap community smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - 100_1221-sized.JPG (255.9 KB)
open | download - 100_1218-sized.JPG (176.9 KB)
Re: Filament Winding Machine
April 02, 2013 01:27PM
Cool, if it doesnt get attention maybe you should try general or other fora, the bazillion subfora here get much less attention i think.. Note that when you say 'filament' in this context, people might associate it with ABS/PLA filaments and such, so i'd be more specific in the place where people see the word first.

What kind of variation is it capable of? I suppose you can choose 'base shapes', but i also suppose you could make a profile with regards to the width?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login