Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PC Part Picker for 3D printer parts?

Posted by DaGameFace 
PC Part Picker for 3D printer parts?
October 06, 2016 11:48AM
In case you don't know about it I suggest you take a look at the website pcpartpicker.com. It is a website that, you guessed it, lets you pick out computer parts. It does a number of cool things such as finding the same parts listed on multiple websites and showing you the cheapest price, as well as optional compatibility mode, which will make sure you pick a motherboard, ram, cpu, cpu cooler etc that all actually work together. It even tells you expected power usage of your build so you know what power supply to buy. Not to mention all the search tools and filters they give you

Is building a website like this but for printer parts possible? It would be so nice to go to one place to search for bearings, hot ends, controller boards, extruded aluminum, various literal nuts and bolts etc etc
I guess if it pcpartpicker exists then it is possible, but how easily could it done? is this something that one or a few people could accomplish? or am i underestimating what goes into a website like that..

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
Re: PC Part Picker for 3D printer parts?
October 13, 2016 08:09AM
Email me and we can do it. I've used the site and I think it could be good for other things also.
Re: PC Part Picker for 3D printer parts?
October 13, 2016 09:37AM
Oh, sorry, would like to but, I'm just a college students with ideas that are bigger than my pockets are deep
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login