Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerslide Aluminium Extrusions

Posted by Paparep 
Makerslide Aluminium Extrusions
July 30, 2012 06:46AM
Hi Guys!

I just discovered the Makerslide Aluminium Extrusion system, and I want to get some...but they're always out of stock =(

www.makerslide.com

Luckily my Uncle has a friend who does aluminium extrusion, and they're willing to make some for me...but it will be rather expensive without a little bit of volume.

So is anyone else interested in getting some Makerslide? My Uncle says they can CNC machine the V-Bearings, laser-cut mounting carriages and the triangular braces as well.

With Makerslide, you can make anything from linear actuators for CNC machines, to a slide-rail for a camera or video system, to an aluminium reprap, etc =)

I will be ensuring they follow the specifications from the open source community.

If you're interested, just drop me a post with the length that you need. If we can make up enough length, the order should get cheaper for all of us!

Perhaps 10metres or so, I will setup a website for people to make pre-orders, if there's enough interest on this forum. And post updates on their progress, a little like kick-starter.

Thank you!
PapaRep

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 06:49AM by Paparep.
fma
Re: Makerslide Aluminium Extrusions
August 06, 2012 10:10AM
This could be nice! Any idea of the final price?

BTW, where do you live? Would you ship to France?

Frédéric
August 06, 2012 12:24PM
this is interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2012 12:29PM by Tachyio.
August 06, 2012 12:42PM
fma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This could be nice! Any idea of the final price?
>
> BTW, where do you live? Would you ship to France?

hi fma,

I live in Singapore smiling smiley Yeap I'm asking my uncle about the price this week! You can send me a PM if I don't get back to you on this.
Jesse
September 30, 2012 06:03PM
Hi, I would be extremely interested in getting some of that. I tried making a solslyva 24x48 router out of lumber, but it all warped so badly by the time I started assembly that none of it is square!! angry smiley

A makerslide setup would make it SO much better, and save me a ton of time, money, and effort. Post or PM me if you're still planning on doing this, or if you have any left over.
jesse.r.petersen@gmail.com

P.S. I live in the US, and I'd be willing to buy at least 5 meters of it.
October 01, 2012 02:42PM
Its appealing me and I shall place an order after confirming the price.

sticker printing | custom stickers
November 01, 2012 08:06PM
go here. Inventables took over production after the initial guy realized he wasn't going to do it full time.
[www.inventables.com]

In stock as I write this.
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login