Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone use TurboCAD? Outputs STL?

Posted by smartroad 
Anyone use TurboCAD? Outputs STL?
June 07, 2011 08:29AM
I was wondering if anyone uses TurboCAD (18) and if it can export STL files? Have a chance to get it on offer and I could do with something a bit more powerful then SketchUp for a few of my ideas. I'd love AutoCAD but can't afford that!!
Re: Anyone use TurboCAD? Outputs STL?
June 07, 2011 12:15PM
I had a poke around their site and found this.

It looks like you need the spendy version to get 3D solids and .stl export.
June 07, 2011 02:39PM
Dale Dunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a poke around their site and found this.
>
> It looks like you need the spendy version to get
> 3D solids and .stl export.

Cheers for that. Was trying to find something on their site, but was at work lol Emailed them but not paying £1000 for the software. I'll stick with SketchUp for now!

Thanks for the help tho Dale smiling smiley
June 12, 2011 09:55AM
Viacad 2D/3D has a cheaper RRP than TurboCAD deluxe, probably costs slightly more if TurboCAD's discounted, but its modeling and exchange functionality is stronger and it uses history and associativity better. It has STEP, IGES and .stl exchange.
January 10, 2013 06:47AM
I sent an enquiry to those nice Avanquest people about an hour ago. I use TC18 and they offer a cheap upgrade to V19......but this is NBG if it does not offer STL output. I also asked if there is any other devious way (maybe a format converter plug-in or add-on) that would achieve the same goal. Now that Sketchup has been sold to bunch of idiots...who don't understand software and now charge silly money for it IMHO...Sketchup is sadly not a viable way ahead. Keep in touch via gc@coastelect.com if you want to be "in the loop"

PS I am also negotiating with far east supplier re. a new shipment of PLA in various colours at revised prices for www.coastelect.co.uk E-shop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login