Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with FreeCAD on Linux.

Posted by Henrik Jansson 
Problem with FreeCAD on Linux.
July 02, 2016 05:21AM
I have a problem with FreeCAD.
I designed a tube in FreeCAD, but when I export it to .stl-format ( so I can use it in Repetier-Host) the tube becomes a cylinder. The hole in the tube disappears and the tube becomes a solid cylinder.

Why?
How can I design a tube in FreeCAD and print it out with Repetier-Host.
The problem has not do with Repetier-Host, because if I open the exported .stl file again in FreeCAD it is a cylinder, not a tube.
Re: Problem with FreeCAD on Linux.
July 03, 2016 10:15AM
Hello Henrik,

Most probably you selected all objects prior to exporting to STL, which is a mistake almost every newcomer do.

FreeCADĀ is a history-based parametric modeller. Hence what you see in the Model tree is the history of the part: each object should be seen as a step in creating the part. So you should not select everything before exporting, but only the end result.

If you created your tube by applying a Boolean Cut between two cylinders, then only select the "Cut" object before exporting.

If that's not the case, please attach your FreeCAD file so I can get a look at it.

BTW, the best place to get help on FreeCADĀ is the FreeCAD forum. Over there you would have probably got a reply in less than an hour.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2016 10:19AM by NormandC.
Re: Problem with FreeCAD on Linux.
July 29, 2016 11:17PM
Henrik, was my reply useful?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login