Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autodesk Inventor Fusion

Posted by murrayd 
Autodesk Inventor Fusion
December 09, 2010 02:19AM
Autodesk is offering a "technology trial" of a product they're calling Inventor Fusion, which is a Direct Edit/modeler. It's pretty good, it's exciting to have things like shelling of a body happening while you push or pull a face, or push or pull to determine the radius of a fillet. It's also got an impressive range of import and export formats, STEP and IGES of course, but also higher-end stuff like Pro/E and ParaSolids. Available from Autodesk Labs, I'm not sure how long the trial runs for, I've seen it said 'til May 2011, which seems reasonable, but I didn't pay attention when I installed it, and I thought I caught a glimpse of 2012, which might or might not be right, because it isn't even a commercial product yet. Autodesk people have told CAD commentators that it's due to be aimed at the "DIY market", which sure sounds like me, but I wonder if they know how much spend I've got to spare?
Re: Autodesk Inventor Fusion
March 02, 2011 04:22PM
Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded it today. It looks good - kinda like a parametric version of Sketchup. The downside is it runs dog slow on my machine, which has a pretty top-spec graphics card. So I'll keep using Solidworks until they speed it up or my computer gets faster.
Re: Autodesk Inventor Fusion
June 28, 2013 01:25AM
I have tried every free CAD tool for Macs out there and Inventor Fusion is the I like the most. It is quite straightforward to use and build simple things fast.
Disadvantages that I have been facing is it shuts down every 1h, doesn't have a way to build threads and STL export can't export components individually.

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login