Advanced

FreeCAD version 0.15 is released.

Posted by KeithSloan 
FreeCAD version 0.15 is released.
April 10, 2015 02:44PM
FreeCAD version 0.15 is released see Release Notes
Re: FreeCAD version 0.15 is released.
April 10, 2015 02:49PM
Unfortunately this upgrade has given me problems when trying to edit files made with the previous version...
...unless you know some way of upgrading files?
April 10, 2015 03:07PM
Suggest you post in the FreeCAD forum [forum.freecadweb.org]

Just remember to post your FreeCAD version information, otherwise some of the moderators might bite
April 10, 2015 04:54PM
Frankly - if that's the sort of attitude I'm likely to encounter then I can't be bothered. I certainly won't know the version number I'm coming from as the Linux Mint system has replaced it with 0.15.

I'm finding FreeCAD incredibly useful when it works, and incredibly annoying when it screws up my design - which it does, quite often. I know it's free, and in its very early days of development, but it's not a pleasure to use when it goes wrong.

I shall continue to look for a drawing package that suits my needs... and my pocket!
April 10, 2015 05:29PM
Sorry I may have mislead. Most of the people in the forum are very helpful & friendly.

The reason there is a bit of an issue with posting your version information is that some people use daily updates
and it makes it very hard work for those supporting to help without the version information.

The first sticky post in the forum tells you how to post your info http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264

Its very easy to do.

If you post details of your problem and the files you are having problems with ( You could use dropbox for this )
I am sure it will get fixed pretty quickly. Don't worry about the version of the old files if you do not have that info.

"I shall continue to look for a drawing package that suits my needs... and my pocket! "

You could wait a long time unless people take the time and effort to report problems.
April 11, 2015 05:35AM
I should also apologise! smiling smiley

I was feeling particularly annoyed yesterday as I'd just published a design on Thingiverse in the morning - including FreeCAD files - and invited people to adapt them if they wanted to make changes. An hour or two later I received the update and found that the original design files now appeared to be broken. angry smiley

I take on board everything you say about giving feedback - I used to be a professional software tester so I do understand the need to give clear and unambiguous problem reports.

Today I am feeling calm and laid back, so maybe I will report this problem on that forum... grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login