Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thin wall repair tool?

Posted by Memnarch1113 
Thin wall repair tool?
March 24, 2015 10:07PM
Heya folks,
Is there any program that can detect parts of an stl that are too thin to print and thicken them accordingly? I ask because I know that Photoshop can do this, but I haven't found any way to export the fixed stl (you're forced instead to use its slicer which is very limiting.) I had thought that Netfabb could do this kind of repair, but I recently started playing with the private version and I can't find anything that can do this automatically. Is there some other program that can help with post-processing prints?

Thanks for your time!
Re: Thin wall repair tool?
May 23, 2015 03:10AM
I really wanted to know the answer to this as well
June 13, 2015 12:38PM
A little bit late, but in Blender there is 3D Printing Toolbox (extension) and you can check thin walls etc. Then repair manually or with the solidify modifier. Blender can be quite different to use from other programs... There is exporting stl...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2015 12:43PM by Plasteroid.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
June 20, 2015 07:19AM
Shapeways has always been on the cutting edge of technology. We have brought you the ability to hold your ideas in your hand, and now we’re giving you more ways to improve them! Last month, we launched Wall thickness visualization to help you see areas where your model might need improvement to survive 3D printing, and now we help you fix them. Wall Thickness Visualization identifies weak points in your models with areas below our recommended wall thickness guidelines.
June 20, 2015 10:37PM
Are you a spam bot? Or are you just crazy? Can you download the repaired model, or do you have to then buy it from shapeways?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login