Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rep Rap Chrome or Web App?

Posted by JacobEdward 
Rep Rap Chrome or Web App?
February 15, 2015 11:43AM
So, I'm super new to 3D printing... but I use a chrome book and I'm not particularly interested in side loading another version of linux... Does anybody know of a chrome or web app that will allow me to control my 3D printer? Having this sort of functionality in the form of a web app instead of needing to download some package seems like it would truly remove all barriers to entry given how advanced browsers now are... anyways, thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 11:47AM by JacobEdward.
Re: Rep Rap Chrome or Web App?
February 15, 2015 12:24PM
Just found an amazing program that lets you use Javascript to make your designs...

[openjscad.org]

I think it might be best to just keep the question on the forum just so if someone has the same question in the future.
February 16, 2015 12:33AM
AFAIK OpenJScad is a web implementation of OpenSCAD.

Might be interesting to programming-minded people, but there are a lot of us out there who don't design by writing lines of code.

An open source alternative for us visual people is Shapesmith.net. Then there is of course the free commercial TinkerCAD.
February 16, 2015 12:14PM
This is what I want internet...

[www.youtube.com]

make it happen

oh, with voice to text commands as well... no going through some menu, I just want to say, "Computer, add a 3 foot rod" and just have it show up on the screen and then my hands can place the object where I want it to be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2015 12:16PM by JacobEdward.
February 17, 2015 04:33PM
Why not drive your 3D printer with a Raspberry Pi ($32 dollar computer) and OctoPrint. Then use a browser to control it see http://octoprint.org/
February 17, 2015 04:43PM
I actually have an espruino, so I'm going to try that, had the idea last night but you're awesome for suggesting it, do you know of anybody that has already created a printer via espruino?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login