Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is any program for real 3d infill?

Posted by Piko Nitro 
Is any program for real 3d infill?
October 25, 2014 02:38PM
Hallo!

In our many slicers we've got planty of infills to choose, however all of them are in fact 2D paterns. It causes anizotropy of printed parts and increases weight.
I've just made regular foam generator in OpenSCAD, it compiles fine, but is too "heavy" to render. Other words I can see what I've made but not generate STL or something useful. I seek to generate infill paterns silimar to foam or latice.

Does anybody know a program or technique to infil in such fashion?

VDX
Re: Is any program for real 3d infill?
October 25, 2014 06:47PM
... this sort of 'sponge' is simply a regular raster of spheres, substracted from a solid -- no problem to construct in a CAD, but a bit tricky to calculate with parametrics ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 25, 2014 06:48PM
The only thing I'm aware of, and it might not meet your needs, is that recent versions of slic3r have what they tout as 3D honeycomb infill
October 26, 2014 07:04AM
VDX, it is exactly what I mean. I could try in Rhino, but also I'm looking for something automatic. You just import any STL file and program automaticaly make inner offset of shell and place there that 3D infill with desird parameters. If that program didn't exist yet, it would be good field of development.

jbernardis, thanks! I didn't know about that, but it looks peaty interesting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login