Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

software help

Posted by 2-alex-2 
software help
May 05, 2014 04:06PM
so starting to build up stuff ready for when i get all my parts through and not sure which software i will be needing.

this is my list of parts
1 x soldered and assembled RAMPS 1.4 shield
1 x SD Ramps for Ramps 1.4
1 x Mega 2560
5 x soldered A4988 stepper driver
1 x Reprap RAMPS1.4 12864 LCD display controlle with adapter Mendel,Prusa 3D Printer
1 x heatbed MK2a(214mmx 214mm) with resistor and LED soldered
6x Mechanical Endstops V1.2
1 x cooler fan
1 xUSB cable
5×42BYGH47-401A STEPPER MOTOR
2 x T2-20 tooth Aluminum pulley,3m GT2 black timing belt

I'm running at the moment a duel boot windows 7 and mac mavericks so wanting to know if i can use mac to run this if so which software do i need or if not for mac but for windows either or i don't mind. would need 3d software as well have used other before but on a trial basis which has now ended so any free soft are recommendations would be good and then the software to run the printer.

thanks in advance
Re: software help
May 13, 2014 06:40PM
Hi Alex
I was thinking of that after a neighbour suddenly brought me - a pair of boots. LOL! Id been thinking - I wonder if I had a dual boot setup can I run Win7 off one and Win XP for what seems to be tech outdated (already) software linked to my Melzi-Ardentissimo board "3DP02", aka Reprap Mendel i2 aka ya *!?>#! lol! Ive built my machine and under various random installations of software which I had to root around for as the stuff I was sent with the hardware didnt match it's Build Instructions or what I was supposed to have (as far as I can see) so Im now getting rather lost in the melee of settings/software to be honest. An early version of Repetier has seen my motors operating, the extruder and plate heating up but it doesnt like the Printer Settings and in fact doesnt yet identify Printer Type etc. I feel close to this thing working though so if you find yourself getting demoralised, welcome to Reprap. If youre not already bald, you soon will be smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login