Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to do....

Posted by Optimist 
What to do....
July 28, 2013 08:19AM
if anything would be possible. but everything comming in mind would be costly; not allowed; not challenging enough/ just boring; not possible or would not need a printing device..

I already built several NC tools and now I'm thinking about a 3d building device - either laser sinter or mold deposition type but still found no reason to do this sad smiley
beside the reasons

- I want one
- I already have the waggon rail systems for all 3 axis

If you would have any ideas ... or at least things I could do on router, lathe or hot wire cutter ... let me know ....

at the moment I'm at the bottom of a deep inspirationless hole

Hansjoerg
VDX
Re: What to do....
July 28, 2013 04:58PM
... maybe a laserengraver/cutter? - [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 29, 2013 04:34AM
I have a router 800mm x400 x100 mm so I'd just have to buy a laser (did not do this yet, because of the burning fumes ( cancerogeniuos) ...
e.g. burning standard polyamide 6.6 in UL v0 quality may cause Phosgene which is known as chemical warfare and which you would have to get rid off! ( Additionally the machine is Aluminum and may reflect the beam -> DANGER)!

I like my cutting bit router and Thing that is fine for me!

Hansjoerg
August 05, 2013 08:15PM
There is another characteristic of Laser Cutter / Engravers that is not talked about too much -- FIRE. A buddy of mine has one of these and he says fires are not uncommon particularly when cutting combustible materials like plywood. It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen, and it means you shouldn't leave the room when these machines are running.

As far as fumes, a laser engraver / cutter of any size has a vent port that is connected to an externally vented high capacity blower, similar to those used in woodshops to remove dust. The small 60 watt 300mm x 500mm laser I was looking at a while back had a 4" (100mm) vent port for that purpose. A properly vented machine should not be a health hazard, but an unvented one certainly is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login