Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed making an object manifold in openscad confused smiley

Posted by brecker 
Help needed making an object manifold in openscad confused smiley
July 03, 2013 01:06AM
Hey guys,

I've being creating a quadcopter frame in openscad. This is my first real project using the tool, and the first time I stumble into this problem. Sorry if you find my coding too messy, I'm still getting a hang out of the program.

I've tried correcting several modules, but I'm not sure which one is causing the problem. I read why a design may not manifold, but since I used a lot of resources I've never tried before, I'm clueless.

Perhaps it is because of the 0.001 cube that's used to create a hull? or the 43 degrees holder that is attached to outer circle, or the differences done onto that circle, or the fact that I couldn't really align the gps mount to the outer circle...

I'm hoping that someone with experience can easily spot my mistakes so I can correct them.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - arduinomount.scad (3.7 KB)
Re: Help needed making an object manifold in openscad confused smiley
July 03, 2013 06:41AM
Here the corrected OpenSCAD script (with STL file).

Look in the script for "ATTENTION:" to find the places that needed to be changed.
Holes must extend beyond the object from which they being subtracted.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Attachments:
open | download - arduinomount.zip (19 KB)
Re: Help needed making an object manifold in openscad confused smiley
July 03, 2013 10:30AM
rhmorrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here the corrected OpenSCAD script (with STL
> file).
>
> Look in the script for "ATTENTION:" to find the
> places that needed to be changed.
> Holes must extend beyond the object from which
> they being subtracted.

Thank you so much for correcting it! Being struggling to find out what I did wrong... Now I can keep printing the frame smiling smiley

Btw if anyone wants to use / modify that design feel free to do so, I made it for the multiwii pro with gps and a turnigy 8ch receiver. I couldn't find the mounting information online so I've measured everything with a caliper, hopefully they will fit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login