Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whats the best 3d design tool for me?

Posted by deviddiya 
Whats the best 3d design tool for me?
June 08, 2012 01:32AM
I love creating my own 3d designs, but i cant find anything out there that seems to be for me. I found solid works, but thats way too expensive and really i want a free software. i need to be able to design and i would love to be able to interlock the parts ie. a piston, and move it to see if there is any collisions , thats my ideal program. so whats the best for me? thanks.

identify a bed bug
Re: Whats the best 3d design tool for me?
June 08, 2012 01:44AM
You could try FreeCad. Be sure to compile it from source and use the development version as the release is really far behind.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 14, 2012 07:10AM
Try Alibre Design! i use it to design Robot handling equipment, and can simulate movement, and it converts to STL! i thinks its £150 ish.. so good value for money!
July 10, 2012 04:26AM
I've just learned to use HeeksCAD in a couple of days and it is open-source/free. Probably a bit limit4d for some but it is fun finding ways to do clever things with it. You can save in a variety of formats including STL.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Attachments:
open | download - Dlek salt & pepper2 [640x480].jpg (30.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login