Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIY DYE

Posted by hexes 
DIY DYE
November 25, 2017 03:04PM
Hello, all! My name is hexes and I have a project.

The newly-announced Da Vinci Color from XYZprinting is an idea I had a few years ago, after watching a video from YouTube's own Angus Deveson, or Maker's Muse. The video was about spray painting filament before printing. The flecks of dried paint mixed into the clear or white plastic during extrusion, resulting in colored plastic. I wondered at the time if a CMYK inkjet head could be modified to drop color onto white plastic, resulting in full color prints (or at least any solid color desired). Now, I want to see a Palette-type device become available to the average maker that would work with 3D software to spit out colored results, and I am writing this here because I want the result to be buildable by anyone with the time, desire, and appropriate amount of money.

I am willing to take on most of the legwork for this project, but I need help. I know next to nothing about color slicing, inkjet modification (as may be necessary for powder-based printers), or the code necessary to bridge the two devices. So, if you know anything that might be helpful to this project, pleas let me know in a reply. I'd love to see this idea come to fruition, as I believe that full-color printing should no longer be restricted to a industrial workspace.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

-hexes
Re: DIY DYE
November 25, 2017 03:05PM
Also, please let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place. I am very, very new here. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login