Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressure in E3D V6 Bowden configuration

Posted by RickRap 
Pressure in E3D V6 Bowden configuration
January 14, 2016 12:29PM
I just installed an E3D V6 in a Bowden configuration. This is the first Bowden I've set up. I had some challenges with the PTFE tube staying in the hot end. A simple fix was to use a circlip underneath the plastic fitting. Now the tube stays in the hot end, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the filament to run through it. My tube is about 60cm. There seems to be a lot of pressure in this configuration. At 200c I can barely push the filament (PLA) out by hand. On my direct drive printers, I can easily push the filament out by hand even at 170c.

Is there anything I might be missing with the E3D configuration?
Re: Pressure in E3D V6 Bowden configuration
January 18, 2016 01:00AM
Closing in on the issue. I'm pretty sure the temperature readings from Duet for the hot end are incorrect. I don't profess to have a good grasp of the voodoo magic used to retrieve temperatures from thermistors, but it seems in this case the temps are just way off. Setting the temperature to 250, I'm reading about 160 at the hot end with an IR temperature device. I don't really trust that IR temperature as the hot end doesn't have a lot of area to measure. I'm measuring as close as I can get to the hot end. About 15mm. Still, I would expect to be closer than 100 degrees off.

Does anyone have a Duet wired to E3D V6? If so, what do you have for your thermistor setting in the firmware? I am using the default of 4700. I have found that raising that number will lower the temperature readings the Duet reports.
May 16, 2016 04:08PM
i am waiting a extruder like urs from day to day and i was thinking about the thermistor.

In case that you ll find a solution please post it .

another question is, if it is possible to install the thermistor we already have in the e3d v6 ?

Delta Printer
Duet 0.8.5 firmware 1.19
May 19, 2016 11:05AM
where are you measuring the hotend at? (I would expect there to be a hotter temperature reported inside the hotend than the surface)
are you using the supplied pneumatic fittings on the cold end?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login