Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome to the new subforum!

Posted by SebastienBailard 
Welcome to the new subforum!
November 21, 2009 11:43AM
Forrest Higgs
We have a forum for mainstream Reprap work and we have a forum for people building Reprap and Repstrap machines. We don't have a forum, however, for people who have a Reprap or Repstrap machine working to talk about actually printing stuff. It would seem to me that this would be a natural place for talking about things like issues with slicing and dicing, heated plates, turkey bags and interesting stuff printed.

The Rapman forums has a slot for this sort of thing. Why not Reprap? :-D

Comments?

Ok! We'll call it now printing!
Re: Welcome to the new subforum!
November 21, 2009 04:50PM
Actually, this forum may be surplus to requirements. I'll have to take a look to see what forums it duplicates.
November 21, 2009 10:39PM
Just a thought: Does it duplicate the 3 forums under Objects?
November 22, 2009 05:09PM
Somewhat. Maybe quite a bit. "Objects" is currently dead in the water, and I want to spark some life into it, and motivate a complete overhaul of the main RepRap website. And I want to start a RepRap Robo-One project and wrestling league.

I think it may be time for a reorganizing of the forums. I'm going to spend a week privately sketch out some possible configurations and put them up for a vote. ('None of the above' will be one of the possibilities, but I'd like to avoid a month-long 'bikeshed problem' discussion. At least until after we've got one good template for a design charrette.)
November 28, 2009 02:00PM
It is one thing to be printing new objects and talking about those objects. It is quite another to be talking about specific problems related to printing things in general.

I'd hoped that this subforum would be looking at people's experience with printing and not talking about cool new things they've printed. There is a lot of know-how in getting a Reprap machine to print well. Hopefully, that kind of know-how will be shared here.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
November 29, 2009 01:31AM
This seems like a good subforum to open up. I'm just about to the point of getting my RepStrap printing, I'll start posting here with my issues/successes.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login