Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X3uder - OS 12VDC, RepRap controlled pellets to filament extruder

Posted by mirox3m 
X3uder - OS 12VDC, RepRap controlled pellets to filament extruder
December 18, 2013 05:28AM
Just wanted to share my X3uder for filament.

[www.thingiverse.com]

It is a RepRap inspired 12VDC Filament extruder, designed so that most parts are printable or readily available in hardware stores. The X3uder is powered by a RepRap controller and 12 VDC power supply that every user has with his 3D printer. It uses 2 x 40 watt 12 volt heating cartridges. The motor consumes between 0.5 and 3 amps, so the typical 15 amp power supply is good enough.

Design is based on different ideas from Lyman's, Filastruder and Filabot extruders.

The idea with this Filament Extruder is that when a user needs to produce some filament, he replaces the cables of his 3D printer heater output and thermistor input, connects 12vdc via a switch to the fan and motor. In this way there is no need for additional PID controllers and power supplies, so it uses what we already have.
Re: X3uder - OS 12VDC, RepRap controlled pellets to filament extruder
May 19, 2014 03:45PM
what other plastics have you tried to extrude with it

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: X3uder - OS 12VDC, RepRap controlled pellets to filament extruder
September 05, 2014 01:35PM
Just wanted to say you thanks for sharing your design; I am also building a filament extruder and your experience (especially the suggestion of using Resinex' pellets) has been of great help for me. Keep goin'.

Developing my owm filament extruder: [github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login