Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bowden extruder jamming

Posted by hinge 
Bowden extruder jamming
December 16, 2012 04:06PM
Dear All

I am really new to 3D printing - please consiter in your replies (keep them simple and include the "all know this" information).

So I got my RepRapPro - put it together and only failed on the last, last, last step.....

I could (no problems) extrude PLA by feeding manualy by my hand. Thus pulling up the fillament, clean the end of the fillament by cutting off 1-2 cm. Placing the fillament in the extruder (the thing with the motor and big gear attached to the left on the frame and running it in by computer - now no extrution was possible (also not with manuel feeding)???. So I dismandled the tube and hot end found a small pice of PLA - removed it and reassambled. Same result no extrution (yes I did burne out the tip to be sure that no PTFE was in the end). Now I cleaned the system again (same small pice os PLA was found) - Then I searched the internet for 2 hr. finding nobody with this problem (I love to be unik) - so. The RepRapPro is now on my desk - cleaned from end to hot end. Fillament is runded down the bowden tube and is stopped about 2 cm before the hot end - ready for new ideas.

So my question is what am i doing wrong? Do anyone had and solved this issue? Could I had maked a mistake during assambly of the Hot end that is common for getting this problem?

No - I have not printet any part yet at all - just extrudet about 2 cm feeding by hand.

Yours
Moose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login