Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

made new extruder - need opinion - hurt me plenty

Posted by yru 
yru
made new extruder - need opinion - hurt me plenty
November 23, 2012 06:00PM
[www.reprap.org]

i was never satisfied with just copying, so had to make one different. perhaps in some way better, or just will inspire someone, check it out, give opinion.
Re: made new extruder - need opinion - hurt me plenty
November 25, 2012 03:06AM
I'm liking the simplicity, how effective is the soft sleeve at maintaining tension on the filament drive gear, any thoughts of an eccentric sleeve and tensioned arm, I'm guessing that would complicate things, but was something I was thinking about.

Will print one up to have a look at how it goes together, and how it can be modified for a vertical gantry.

Gaz
yru
November 25, 2012 05:41AM
work's quite fine. in reality it only needs to adapt about 0.3mm for combined filament and drive screw inperfections.

yes, only about 1/3 of the pipe circumference is under tension, but the rest helps keep it in place smiling smiley

in elevated temperatures PCV will become soft, so black rubber would be better. or no tensioner at all, just constant spacing (far less fail safe)

you can change the pcvbearing parameter to adapt for a bigger piece of rubber smiling smiley

i will add versions as stated in the file, i hope, still, this one makes beauty by simplicity in my opinion smiling smiley

i will be happy to see your contribution.

im also using this on a verticaly alligned x bars, but with bowden adaptor smiling smiley
November 25, 2012 06:29AM
Just printed one out, and not as compact as it looked. Will check on the ordbot gantry, with a mocked motor and gearset but think it will be too deep and move the cog too far of the back of the x gantry plate.

Still like the pinch mechanism, may steal that bit

Gaz
yru
November 25, 2012 06:44AM
that's what params are for. move the motor as you wish to suit your needs. this stepper position was optimised for Mendel, at least i hope so, since it was feedback based from betatester. i use different params for golemC, but it was pointless to publish them without the rest of parts.

dont't steal, modify the code! loose the carriage foot, add whatever mount you need and give others to enjoy smiling smiley

if you have shorter engine, whole body could be made thinner.

this is meant to be used with two mirrored extruders on one carriage, with stepper axes parralel to X axis.

it's work in progress so your wishes may come true if you state them clear enough smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login