Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pellets to prototype

Posted by Rburnham87 
Pellets to prototype
August 31, 2012 09:01PM
Greetings makers,
My name is Rob Burnham and I am the owner of Open Source Printing. OSP is a company with the goal of advancing the 3D printing community. This will be done by creating competition and senior capstone projects to promote research in schools. Our big project is a low cost plastic extruder that will hopefully change how plastic filament is made. My team consists of John Di Russo, who is a machinist, Sean Patev who is a plant pathologist getting his PHD at Cornell, and I am a mechanical engineer. Our designs have come along way and we have had some interesting failures but that's how you learn. We are currently working on a blog and this should be ready in a few weeks.

Right now we are selling some plastic pellets on eBay.com and we will expand to more types and colors. One of our long term goals are to focus on making plastic filament out of different types of plastic and recycled materials. This is possible because of the low cost extruder. We are exited about the opportunity presented and the chance we have to help the 3D printing community. Check us out at www.OSPrintingllc.com and we will be putting up a blog about the extruder. If you have questions or would like more info please contact me at rburnham@osprintingllc.com. We also have a indiegogo campaign at [igg.me]. This is an ever evolving company and we can not do this without your help.

Robert Burnham
Owner
Open Source Printing LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 08:22PM by Rburnham87.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login